Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, tomorrow I am installing the final component to my SVT suspension, the rear sway bar. Any tricks of the trade, anything special I should know about. Looks pretty much cut & dried from the instructions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Overtightening swaybars can result in broken rear control arms. Usually this only applies to the extra-large size, 22mm and above, i would think.

So make sure to tighten the endlinks (the bolts with tons of stacked bushings) to 11 ft/lbs. Basically hand-tighten.

Also Use plentiful amounts of the lube in the tube. Mine came with some (progress rsb). I need to add more because I swear that's where the sqeaking is coming from. Right on the D-brackets.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
nevermind about the broken rear control arms, those were only few instances where Some hard-core track moneys were behind the wheel.

One I recall... the rear control arm snapped when launching from a green light... So, disregard what I said about that.

someone can correct me if my 11 ft/lbs torque spec is off.
Otherwise, It's pretty much a 45-minute or less install time

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah...
Just jack up the rear of the car...

Undo the sway bar endlinks...

Undo the 4 bolts for the sway bar bushings/brackets...

& then bolt your new sway bar on

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
if you're replacing the bushings with urethane components, be sure to lube them to get rid of the squeaking. other than that, this is a pretty easy install.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts