Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys... so I've had this set of "Progress" camber plates sitting in my basement for years. They came mysteriously in another order... I never ordered them.

I too was caught out by the idea that you can only use them for positive camber, so they sat there...

Curiousity got the better of me, and I started playing with them today.

I switched the right for left... and I can't see ANY reason why you don't just do this. It's seems like a no brainer. I can't see any reason they would't fit this way.

They would provide up to -1* of camber, however adjustability is not as easy as a top mount. But, this seems like it could be the quick and dirty... and cheap way of getting camber.

It avoids all the potential pitfalls of polyurethane top mounts. You keep the stock plates.

Am I missing something here? I must be, I can't be the first person to try switching them to reverse the camber.

BTW, these are the ones I'm talking about, on the right.

http://www.newedgeperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=170

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Geez, is nobody interested in this? I think it's HUGE!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If you haven't figured it out yet, this forum is pretty much dead soon after 5:00.

Where exactly do those plates go?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
It sounds cheap and easy!

I'd probably your adjustable ones more, but I don't know how much more camber I need. I've never taken tire temps, and there is so much wheel spin that my inside is probably hotter than the outside.

The pilot sport cups seem to care less about camber compared to other tires.

Everything seems pointless 'till I get a lsd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts