Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I switched to synthetic oil I want to replace my plain oil cap with the one that says "Mobil 1 synthetic oil only" - or something like that with the distinct IDIOT PROOF MESSAGE. The last time I took my car for the ECU flash the FORD technician added some plain oil to my engine - not much, but enough to piss me off. ARE ALL OIL CAPS THE SAME? WIll MITSUBISHI EVO CAP FIT OUR FORD ENGINE OR SOULD I LOOK FOR THE CURRENT SVT MUSTANG OIL CAP, SINCE IT IS FACTORY FILLED WITH MOBIL 1???

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have no idea as to what other manufactures oil caps will fit the Focus but i've heard that there are several that are interchangeable including some from Honda.

As far as your oil goes, I think you should be greatful that the Ford tech added any oil at all, he did the smart thing. I use M1 exclusively in our cars but I would rather the tech add any oil than none at all if it were low. Mixing dyno oil to synthetic is no big deal and will do ablolutely no harm, but with the small oil capacity of the Focus engine, running low could be severe. Most manufactures don't carry synthetics unless they have vehicles originally equipped with it and I'm sure the tech didn't want you leaving there with a less than full crankcase. I'd say he was only looking out for YOUR interest.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Your 100% on Dano about adding oil.No harm at all,but
That would be dead dyno's and some veggies under lotts of pressure for many years.

If you can't find a cap than try to find a Mobil 1 sticker to apply under the hood someplace.
Not a bad selling point down the road to point out to someone that you always used Mobil 1.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You mean something like this?

$10 at the GM dealership, about an hour of dremeling, swap the stock rubber washer on and it fits perfect. Sorry for the crappy picture quality, I had to take the pic with my phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts