Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in one of the past posts about to much and it can throw a coe is this true? because i have a FC t/b and tried to adjust it to free up the butterfly valve from sticking...then it idled to high (or took way to long to settle back down to reg. idle) so i adjusted it back out to lower the idle, i had a hard night of driving (track) and it didnt throw any codes, now i play with it and it suddenly comes on. Oh by the way no other symptoms have arisen, emissions, fuel, air problems....just the light came on thats it...

thanks yo!

I did search before and found only a few t/b probs w/ cel....and one of them said this but i just wanted to make sure...

·
Registered
143 Posts
whats up.

I have and ( continually have this problem ) get used to the light. when i first installed the tb. all was well until i adjusted then got a light. i messed with it again and got the idle down and no sticking for a while, and re adjusted tonite hopefully it wont throw a light the rpm are down just a touch. it just one of those things you have to play with and some thread locker is a good idea too. the mil is for p1506 its an engine idle overspeed error. on some foci the puter acts differently and wont throw a mil on some it does, here is a tip if you reset the ecu be sure to drive around some with the air on. ill let you know it my idle speed throws a mil, but man i just cant handle the sticking, i made my mil red to match the needles becuase its less bothersome than it being yellow. but back to the point it wont hurt anything.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've never gotten on because I kept my idle as close to factory as possible. Mine also hangs like it used to around 1000rpm's until I stop with the A/C on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I adjusted my throttle body stop screw till it was loose so that the throttle body would shut all the way as my revs hang up high also. Since then My CEL code say TPS sensor is sending the wrong voltages. I was thinking it was because my TPS was cracked from when I installed mmy focus central TB and the recessed land for the TPS flange and O-ring to fit in was not deep enough which made the TPS not seat all the way in the new TB. I dremmeled the TPS to fit better and have not touched it since. It was 10 degrees out when I installed the throttle body so I didn't think much of it. I was thinking the reostat inside the TPS was dirty and I should buy a ne TPS but Ford says I have to buy the whole entire TB which comes with the TPS. Needless to say, my light is still on.

Is it true I can make the light go out ( get the proper voltages) if I adjust that stop back up?
Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually i set the t/b back a little (screw the stop away from the plate) and it cleared right up..now that i say this who knows the car maybe plotting against me as we speak...

oh adept, you can buy the tps sensor alone, my friend SmoE did and it was 25 bucks i think...hes on the jet man check him out...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very interesting. I'll see if I can find SmoE and ask him. So you backed out the set screw to fix yours? I'll try that. Did you clear the computer Disconnect the battery)or did the CEL go off all by itself? And thanks, Bill

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i turned it away from the throttle plate so there was no contact...idle dropped fine, idles great but now the sticking is too much, now i might barely touch the plate and turn 1/4 of a turn...we will see how the gas mileage changes with all the mods, as i am taking an 8 hr. trip this weekend...but i reset the computer yes...and it went away never to return.....moohahahahaha!

but now that i am gonna try to turn the screw back out to the plate who knows...i will keep u posted....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts