Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else besides me miss a car w/ a T-top? i think some of the modern sports cars would look nice w/ em maybe like a 350z

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
nah, 350z is too round for a t-top... something like the new Vette would be more like it.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
ahh a C6 T-top...hot

heard the next gen Camaro will be having a t-top, but that wont be out for a while

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
T-Tops were all of it. I loved the things but they leaked like a son of a bitch.
Much like most of the girls I knew in high school, very high maintance

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
hate t-tops and targa tops
roadsters, good. hard tops, good. stuff inbetween, umm not so good. why would you molest a 350 or a vette like that. do it to a non performance car maybe but don't turn good cars into something for just being seen in.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
T-tops are old-school, when they couldn't make a chassis stiff enough to handle not having a roof.

Vettes already all have removable tops (Z06 excluded). In fact, there is a "flying roofs club" on the forum. People keep putting them back on and forget to engage the locks, and then it flies off due to the vacuum at about 80mph+... LOLOLOL!

What I'd rather see, instead of removable tops, is like a fully "glass" dome. No more blind spots for an open convertible like feel, w/o the downsides.
(PS: Not like the Homer-mobile though)

·
I've got a fever, and the only cure is...
1,802 Posts
I saw this happen to a car one day. I think it was an explorer sun roof. I saw this flat, dark thing fly up into the air and spin there as the car infront of me and my truck passed underneath of it. Then it hit the concrete and smashed into a million pieces. I didnt realize what it was until I saw it hit in my rear view mirror. I cant imagine what it would have done to my truck. It was a good 20 to 30 feet in the air.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a '70 Z28 with T-tops that leaked (right over my left knee) from the day it was new. Never could get it fixed. Just a little drip... drip ... drip, maybe every 15 seconds or so when it was raining steady. I learned to pay attention to the weather forecast and wear dark colored pants on rainy days so the wet knee didn't show as much.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
I have two Camaros with t-tops. The 86 leaked like a bastard until I replaced teh weatherstripping, now it never leaks. The 92 doesn't leak, and I'm hoping it won't for a while.

Convertible f-bodies actually had stronger frames than the t-top versions out of the factory... they came with subframe connectors.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I had an NX2000 with T-tops, but I tried my best to get one with out. They were great when you actually used them, but they were a pain in the butt to take off, store, and then put back on. A sunroof is much more functional in my opinion.

I do miss my NX2000.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
88 monte carlo ss here...sigh...shouldn't have sold it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The car I am going to buy in a couple weeks has t tops. 98 camaro ss,every option 60xxx miles. I am keeping the focus too.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
My old 1980 Trans Am had T-Tops and they were great and never leaked.

Only pain was putting them on when it suddenly began to rain or trying to stuff them in the provided storage bags they had.

I had some fun times driving that car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts