Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're doing a Honda Civic on Overhaulin!! I can't beleive Foose would agree to it. I'm disappointed. Why don't they come steal my Focus if they want to do a 'tuner' style car on the show.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
i love the primer rice color. and how much you wanna bet its going to turn out like rice booooo

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only saving grace on this is the fact that it's Foose. I love the chop job body work on the car, bondo all over the place, ricer boy bumpers, fart can exhaust, primer color paintjob, excessive body damage hidden by all that bondo, typical ricer crap, and of course damage to the underside of the car, someone thought it was ok to get a car airborne like in F&F and drive away from it. That car is tore up somethin bad.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
agree with ya, foose is the greatest. you see the full size chevy they did?

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah i agree but the point is to get a wider audience... guys like me who like boththe old school muscle cars and the newer "import styles" its cool... they are just trying to get a more diverce audience... thats my 2 cents

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i agree but the point is to get a wider audience... guys like me who like boththe old school muscle cars and the newer "import styles" its cool... they are just trying to get a more diverce audience... thats my 2 cents
I agree with your point about trying to diversify their audience. I'm a huge fan of old school hot rods and muscle cars, that's how I got into cars, working on hot rods with my uncle, then once I got my Focus, it expanded my horizons into the new school 'tuner' world.

Foose is the greatest, I was absolutely in awe of his cars when I saw them at AutoRama.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
wow i do NOT like the paint job. but i liked the idea of the amp plexiglass thing. that looked cool. and there is like no one original body pieces

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
They're doing a Honda Civic on Overhaulin!! I can't beleive Foose would agree to it. I'm disappointed. Why don't they come steal my Focus if they want to do a 'tuner' style car on the show.
What makes your Focus any more special than a Civic?
Sorry to say, but if they are attempting to broaden their viewers, a Civic is a good choice. There are a lot more (it seems- and of course because the civic has been around forever) tuners with Civics/tegs than there are with a Focus.
That said, I didn't get to catch the show. Was it really that bad in the end?

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
it wasnt horrible. it looked alot better going out then it did coming in. and they hooked up a NX kit to it. there arnt any pics on TLC yet but there will be. it had like 4 or 5 different color paints on it

·
Registered
987 Posts
DAMN! Guess I should have check a few other posts firt,I just made one,DO'H! Sorry guys

I liked it and it wasnt to overdone.My thing is,they just put another ****y [censored] er in a Civic on the streets.I have nothin against Civics at all,its just nowadays these lil punks get a built engine and think they can take on the world.He had this ****y ass attitude,
I could be wrong

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I did'nt understand the RalliArt style sripe on a Honda. He could have done something alittle different then that.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Someone download it to me?

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
me too

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Courtney's back!!!!
Hey, I noticed that too!

I saw the show too and the Civic seemed over the top with the custom paint job but the body work and audio install done was excellent.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Chip and Overhaulin need to stick to the classics. I havent seen them do a late model car that i liked yet. Well except for the fire fighter kid's truck, that was cool.

You could see the pain on chip's face when he saw the car roll up...civics just arent his style.

The inch thick layer of bondo is exactly why people dont take the tuner crowd seriously...no metal work, no finesse, no expertise...just fill it over with mud.

I bet you start seeing cut up trunk lids in junk yards as honda boys try to replicate that lip spoiler.

It gets a 'meh' from me, Chip did what he could. He's still my GOD as far as car customizations go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts