Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the TB clean up. getting rid of the bump in the lip of the port. I didnt really notice that much of a difference. has any one dynoed the car after they Did this? i did notice that you could mod the TB with PVC tubing. im working on a spare TB where i open up the stock TB to 65mm. will post the outcome when done. the looks arent all that great. lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i did notice that you could mod the TB with PVC tubing. im working on a spare TB where i open up the stock TB to 65mm.

Please give more info. I'm lost.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i dont think you will see much when porting the tb. when i did mine i saw a lot better throttle response and a little engine breaking more than anything.

geoff

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with the PVC mod. im going to open the stock TB up to 65mm instead of the 40 some that it is. im going to port it out to allow for a PVC plastic insert or aluminum then adhere the insert to the TB and install a new Bfly valve. ill show more detail and explain more when im done. pics will be posted. a cheaper 65mm. ill post results.

·
Registered
362 Posts
yes, a larger throttle body shouldn’t increase hp. it should increase throttle response there for reducing lag, which will make you go faster, but it wont give you any more hp.

Theoretically

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by AphidAudio:
yes, a larger throttle body shouldn’t increase hp. it should increase throttle response there for reducing lag, which will make you go faster, but it wont give you any more hp.

Theoretically
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think we need to go back to the theoretical drawing board.

If the larger TB allows for increased airflow within the limits of your current MAF sensor and you have enough injector capacity you will have increased power.

Theoretically

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by mattndew676:
so what happens if you make anything larger then a 65mm?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There are some here that say that 65mm is too big for a N/A Focus. They may be right. Too much of a good thing can hurt performance. It's that whole Flow vs. Velocity thing.

Same thing goes for the exhaust side. Too big is not good.

From what I've read you should be able to make better than 250 crank HP with a 60mm TB. I haven't done the calculations, but that seems reasonable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts