Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't buy a TB spacer with a BBK or FC 65mm!!!! I thought maybe I could port it out, but its definately not worth the time. What a waste of money for me, but you ported stockers, it would probably work really well. Check classifieds cause I need to get rid of it now....

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same thing, but it was cheap and I'm running out of bolt-ons

·
Registered
733 Posts
We too be entirly up front.. 18 in alberta to drink...
Welcome to canada and the free mcdonalds hamberger today only....

·
Registered
406 Posts
This thread went form working on cars to drinking it must be true there is nothing to do in the "land up north" but to drink.
Just kidding I will say I have been all over the world and Canada has some nice (strip) bars
O and as for the spacer I almost got one but I am glad I was putting it off know.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
They don't do anything on a fuel injected car anyway. And the days of carburation are long gone.
how narrow minded of you ....

why don't you post something true/intelligent
He may actually be right in some aspects. The TB spacer has the effect of increasing the intake runner by a tiny amount. It may help a little, but not to the effect of how it used to on carb'd cars. I think that's what he as saying. Kinda like how the tornado could theoretically help a carb car, but not an FI one. I'd hope that needs no explanation though.

·
Registered
433 Posts
They don't do anything on a fuel injected car anyway. And the days of carburation are long gone.
how narrow minded of you ....

why don't you post something true/intelligent
He may actually be right in some aspects. The TB spacer has the effect of increasing the intake runner by a tiny amount. It may help a little, but not to the effect of how it used to on carb'd cars. I think that's what he as saying. Kinda like how the tornado could theoretically help a carb car, but not an FI one. I'd hope that needs no explanation though.

well..in a way you guys are correct....

throttle body spacers advertise 20hp gains....but only on 5.7L fuel injected enines. this IS a fact, they are my #1 seller for trucks. everyone that buys them LOVES them. and yes that claim of 20 IS TRUE...i had customers test it...they DO work...no question about it.

however..

like i said gains that high we tested on a 350 chev V8 engine....now scale that down to our tiny little 4 banger, and you get VERY little gains. you will however notice better throttle response,and it will move the powerband up slightly....

so it doesn't just workon carbeurated cars...you only think that because you are thinking V8...if we tried one on a carbeurated 4banger, you would get low results...it's all in aspect ratio

carbeuration is by far not long gone, it's here to stay....i work at the largest speed shop in Canada...and we still move them like crazy!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
you will however notice better throttle response,and it will move the powerband up slightly....
I was under the impression that longer intake runners were good for low-end power, whereas those race-style intake manifolds had short runners for the high-end power. Wouldn't making the intake tract longer bring the powerband down lower? Am I hopelessly confused?

·
Registered
433 Posts
you will however notice better throttle response,and it will move the powerband up slightly....
I was under the impression that longer intake runners were good for low-end power, whereas those race-style intake manifolds had short runners for the high-end power. Wouldn't making the intake tract longer bring the powerband down lower? Am I hopelessly confused?
oops...was thinking something elese.....you are right ...my bad!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yes, to some extent that's correct. But there's a specific runner length that works best for every engine depending on it's state of tune. A stock Zetec likes to have nice long runners to make the best power. A built race engine zetec would probably be best with ITB.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts