Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,472 Posts
They don't do anything on a fuel injected car anyway. And the days of carburation are long gone.
how narrow minded of you ....

why don't you post something true/intelligent
He may actually be right in some aspects. The TB spacer has the effect of increasing the intake runner by a tiny amount. It may help a little, but not to the effect of how it used to on carb'd cars. I think that's what he as saying. Kinda like how the tornado could theoretically help a carb car, but not an FI one. I'd hope that needs no explanation though.

· Registered
2,472 Posts
you will however notice better throttle response,and it will move the powerband up slightly....
I was under the impression that longer intake runners were good for low-end power, whereas those race-style intake manifolds had short runners for the high-end power. Wouldn't making the intake tract longer bring the powerband down lower? Am I hopelessly confused?
Yes, to some extent that's correct. But there's a specific runner length that works best for every engine depending on it's state of tune. A stock Zetec likes to have nice long runners to make the best power. A built race engine zetec would probably be best with ITB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.