Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there had any experiance with Tein products? They are about to release a set of SS coil overs for the Focus.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Tein = f'n dope!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
my friend has some Tein springs that just came in and we are putting on his 02 civic this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes if you'll would like...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
tein's supposed to have a really good reputation. i'm looking to get the coilovers sometime later this year in preparation for race season next year.

hopefully someone tries them out before then so i can get some feedback.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
They will probably be nice, it's just odd when there is so much hype about a product that will be hard pressed to compete with what we already have for the focus that has been proven time and time again.

H&R
Leda
KW
FK

So tien might be "dope" for the import crowd, but they are the new kid on the block with the focus, whereas the euro companies have been on the focus for a while now.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I have some Tein springs on the way to my doorstep.

Tein is one of the best suspension companies in Japan.. 8 out of 10 racers use them on their drift cars and is the only company to offer an EDFC ( Electronic Damping Force Control) that can adjust the stiffness of the dampers through a turn of a knob.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

Tein is one of the best suspension companies in Japan.. 8 out of 10 racers use them on their drift cars and is the only company to offer an EDFC ( Electronic Damping Force Control) that can adjust the stiffness of the dampers through a turn of a knob.
Since when are race cars drifters? Last I knew drifting was just for fun and show...it makes a car slower at cornering.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Tein = f'n dope!
Have you tested them? How many Tein products have you run? Under what conditions?
My friend has a 240 with full-on Tein suspension and it handled VERY good.

I drove my friend's GC8 and it handled very good too in corners.

Tein is known for top quality and has a very good reputation amongst Japanese tuners. Lots of them drifting guys use it and abuse it and guess what? It's still all good.

icemanzx3, once you get a set of those on your car, please post pics and tell us how LOW them springs give ya. BTW, do you have any shocks/struts to go with that? If so, please tell us too.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Since when are race cars drifters? Last I knew drifting was just for fun and show...it makes a car slower at cornering.
Exactly! Drift my a$$$...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
What's Tien's website? Do they even have one?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts

where the hell did you pull that fact from, tein is not the most popular drifting suspension, and the EDFC is just a stupid fancy gadget not worth the money, Tein products should stay on imports, and here is Tein's website http://www.tein.co.jp/indexe.html

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Tein products should stay on imports

You = t3h DF (dumb [censored])

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
The reason I ask is I know of only two people running their products and both are really unhappy with them. They are well made, the company is good to deal with, but the valving on the dampers and the suggested spring rates are all wrong. So wrong that on a WRX, disconnecting the front sway bar made NO difference in the handling. I'm with Bela, why bother when there are established alternatives?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts