Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I cleaned my engine bay and tried to make everything sparkle. Then when I drove off, I noticed my RPM rising and sticking around 4000 for a few seconds before coming down. It doesn't come down all the way. It idles at 1200 or higher. I played with the tension and nothing seemed to work so I went out and bought a new TPS from Autozone. Would this fix the problem or can it be something else? If this doesn't work, what else could the problem be? Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone???

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup, I ordered one yesterday...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Rpm should go down if you back off the tension screw all the way on the throttle cable, then reset your computer by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Originally posted by SangriaZx3:
The Rpm should go down if you back off the tension screw all the way on the throttle cable, then reset your computer by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not necessarily, if there is a problem (vacuum leak etc), it'll still stay up. I worked on my car for about 25 hrs last week, and reset the computer dozens of times and the problem still persisted. I dunno.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i havent touch my TB or anything and when i am starting up my car for the first time in the day my rpm's are 1200 or so and later when the car is warmed up and im at stop lights its at 750 or 800

·
Registered
889 Posts
well with these new cars, if you don't find the problem mechanically then for sure it has to be electrical, like a dumb sensor or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts