Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, My name is Dustin from NE Pennsylvania.......I'm a noob to the site, lol I just bought a 2013 Focus SE 5 speed with the 201a package in race red....I also own a 2007 Focus SE 5 speed in electric blue....I have many years of doing modifications with the 4.6 Mustang GT with over 600 plus HP streetcars.......With all that out of the way,

I was wondering if you can swap out the manual interior temp controls with the digital model that comes with the one in the Touch vehicles??? Has anyone ripped the dash apart this far to find out?? Can it be done or is it a lost cause??? Anything would be a huge help

·
Registered
883 Posts
Bueller???? Bueller .............lol
Lol just watched that the other night.

Anyway, I don't know of anyone who has done it on this site. I would check possibly Focus Fanatics and see if they have done it there.

Good luck

·
Registered
273 Posts
While, it is doable, the car is largely CANbus. You would need to either need the tools to get everything working or, have the dealer do it (if that is possible). Since the head unit is part of the display system, you may need to convert to the Touch based system as a whole.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's a good point. Even if it did swap out, you would likely need the dealer to interface with the system to "enable" the functionality.

As a side note... I've used both, and greatly prefer the simplicity of the manual system.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
i've seen the MFT computer & display for sale on ebay (recently if you want to search for it) but yeah - i think this is more of an all-or-nothing thing.

like maybe try to find a donor car in a junkyard and pull EVERYTHING out of it, if it's that important to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts