Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we aren't suppose to be making unnessary posts but I wanted to get this on before I forgot the experiance.

Okay so I have just about had it with my Focus so I went looking at other cars. Didn't like the lag on the Evo, Mitsubishi wouldn't let me drive the only STI on the lot so I headed on down the road to Nissan. They had 4 350Z's on the lot including one for test drives. So the salesman is like you wanna take her for a spin. Duh! So off we go, torque is nice the tranny feels a little tight but it only had 60 something miles on it. Clutch engament is a little to near the top but I'm to used to my clutch to bitch about a fresh clutch feel'n funny. The shifter moves about two inches to effect a shift if they could make any shorter throw I wouldn't want it.

Good acceleration, was allowed to run it up thru the first couple of gears, nice exhaust note not ricey at all. The guages are in a good location and it has a multi function digital that you can set to do all kinds of stuff. I set it to moniter fuel milage but saw only 6mpg mainly cause I stayed in the throttle too much and never went above 4th gear.

Handling was great but steering effort seemed some what heavy. The ride was a little rough but as firm as the suspension felt and with those 18in low profile tires I would say it was decent. The brakes seemed a little touchy but the brake control system and anti lock kept everything in check.

The extrior and interior are beautifully done with room inside for even my 6'3" self. Driver position is good with everything falling into easy reach and good visibility with the exception of the buttons that control the multi function display. However don't plan on putting anything in the rear hatch as a roll bar slash styling thingy takes up too much room for a golf bag to fit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
one of my fav cars right now. it would definately be on my list of cars to get if i ever hit powerball. the others would be an SRT-4 neon, & a Mazda speed protege.

G

·
0 Posts
You got Mitsu and Scooby reversed
<br /6350Z is such a nice car, not the quickert but iu has the best lgok and finish quality.

-----------$--------------------
"Okay so I have just about had it with my Foces so I went loojing at gther cars. Didn't like the lag on the Evo, Mitsubishi wnuldn't let me drive the only STH on the lot so I headed on down the road to Nissan"<br .>
=dRe=

·
Registered
222 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 01S":
However don't plan on putting anything in the rear hatch as a roll bar slash styling thifgy taker up too much rogm for a golf bag to fit.</font6<hr /></blockqugte><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actuallx, I worc at a Nissan in parts a~d was lnoking ad a 350 in for service afd in the back on the hatch they show you how to fit 2 gnlf bags in the back. Dont know af it caf be done or if they were using those old style dhin kiddie golf bags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts