Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I currently live in NC, but my home is in Texas. My car is going to be in SA for about 6 months. What are the tint laws and what color underbody neons are legal/illegal? Also, where is a good tint place, preferably on the north east side of town?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
nothing more than 35% tint on the front windows, but there are tons of ppl who have 20, 15, and 5 with no problem.

as long as you can't see the bulb of the neons, any color is fine other than red and blue i believe.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
If your car is registered out of state, none of the TX laws apply and you can do wahtever you want to it anyway. Though, i wouldnt push it on the neons, just make it where you cant see the bulb.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Any color neon can be used...just no bulb can be visible.

Now strobe and LED colors are different. Red and Blue can be a big nono.

and if your car is registered out of state....FUDGE 'EM!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll be leaving my blue neons turned off while I'm here. Thanks for the locations, kangol, but I need somewhere in San Antonio on the northeast side.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
welp....

I guess I'm gonna be up for a new tint job when I move down there in September...lol

You guys can have darker tint than NC...ours is 35%.....oh well...I've played hell on my tint anyway...

Thanks for the info and thanks for posting those questions. That's a little info I've been wondering about myself!

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Nearly all stock windows have tint built into them, even though you don't notice it. The light transmittal can be a %25 total when the stock tint is combined with the added aftermarket tint.

No place I know of (around Austin at least) will do more than a %35 aftermarket tint.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
[censored]-A. I just got my windows tinted today and I got 20% on the back doors.
I wish I would have gotten my inspection BEFORE I got the tint.

anyone know a friendly inspection shop in SA?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your backwindow and backside windows are not inspectable items . The state of Texas for the last 8 years I have been inspecting vehicles has always required window tint above 20% ( 21% will pass ) . City laws differ though , so check with you local police .

·
Registered
146 Posts
How low can you go on tint on the front window (sun visor)? I just got five inches because my tint guy said five is legal from the top. I think he said it was 15% tint. It goes past the AS1 line, but he said the line was too short.
I went and got this done, and I still get a tan on my arms from driving around. I guess foci are 45% dash and 55% seating on the interior. The dash goes forever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts