Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone that participated in Jetfest 2:

All the Focaljet members, new and old, that made the effort to get to the event.

You made it fun and enjoyable for everyone. Both NASA and Ford were impressed and very complimentary of our entire group. Give yourselves a round of applause!

Also, give our West Coast Event Coordinator, Todd Wilson (aka BUR_ZX3) a hand. He was our link to the local, SoCal scene and provided the mobile FJ base of operations at the track along with many other duties. And to Tribal, Danny (Focal Fury), Frush and Ataru, that helped out in various capacities at the event.

Also, thanks to slidemaster and his lovely lady for getting my wife out on the track in one of the awesome BDX Stangs. She's hooked!

To NASA, particularly John Lindsey and Ted Severns. They gave us a great opportunity at an outstanding venue. Ted did so much work behind the scenes that the event simply would not have happened if it weren't for his involvement. We owe you man.

Our sponsors! They keep this thing called Focaljet rolling down the road.

Raffi, Randy, Rachel, Vik and the entire FocusSport crew. Thanks for stepping up. You guys are the best!

Andy Slankard, aka "Slankdaddy" of Ford Racing Performance Parts. He's "one of us". Thanks for your continued support of our efforts.

The PR team at the Ford Motor Company. Alan and Tammera, who not only got us an '08 Focus Coupe from the other side of the country on short notice, but provided access to the car's Chief Designer and Vehicle Dynamics Manager. A big thank you to Lon and Keith for taking time out of their busy schedules to field all of our questions and by giving great insight into the new car.

The entire Capaldi family and Leo Capaldi Racing. It's great working with a professional race team that also knows how to have fun and make people feel comfortable. If you are looking for Ford Racing parts, look no further. Thanks for all the food!

Yoni and Eloy from Exedy Racing Clutch. All I can say is, this company just "gets it". I wouldn't even consider another brand of clutch. Thanks for dinner too!

Andreas from XIOS Motorworks. A small company that is as professional as any of the big boys. I'm impressed!

Karl at Massive Speed System who shipped their display across the country to attend. Hardcore support! And it's greatly appreciated.

F2 Focus Performance for continuing to support FJ in everything we do. Thanks Ricardo!

And to all the sponsors that couldn't make the event but kindly provided prize giveaways: The Tire Rack, Hawk Performance, CG-Lock, Focus Performance, Jegs, Grassroots Motorsport magazine, iZoom Graphics.

I would also like to thank all the journalists who came out to sample the Spec Focus race cars at our event. Mark Vaughn from Autoweek, Aaron Robinson from Car & Driver, Andrew Beckford of C16, Tom Wilson from Road & Track, Preston Lerner from Automobile and Dan Edmunds of Edmunds.com. And last, but not least, Jon and Phil from FastFords who flew over from the UK to cover the event. Cheers mates! :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts