Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the one problem i have with my car stock at the moment is how friggen slow rpms come back,,,,now i know a flywheel will make a diff, but i also heard from someone that the throttle body has something to do with it, is my friend full or will just the flywheel make me happy?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
dont get a flywheel if your stayin NA (even for a while). yes the design of the TB and the ecu controllin drop the revs on the slow side. think some1 found out a while back that its a economy feature. porting your tb will make transition in off the gas, part-throttle, and WOT. personally in most situations, i dont blip the throttle on downshifts (when drivin around that is...still would some in track applications). also i slow down the act of upshiftin when i'm tooling around. no pt in rippin gears on the way to work.

you'll get use to it.

-Ult

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
I wish my car came with beef.
no you dont man... the car sits for a while @ the dealer, esp in the summer.... it'd be all nasty, like hanging rev's.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish my car came with beef.
no you dont man... the car sits for a while @ the dealer, esp in the summer.... it'd be all nasty, like hanging rev's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts