Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is the best one?

jba, focus central, mac, ford racing, focus sport, pacesetter or other?

tnx

·
Registered
662 Posts
Performance wise they are all probably the same, short headers are only good for 2-3, maybe 4 hp.

Quality wise, the Ford Racing and JBA are the only stainless steel of the bunch. The Ford Racing is probably the best quality and included accessories.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You can add Edelbrock to the list. Thing is, that looks like mine is begging to crack at the collector.
Calling them today, so much for paying extra for quality, unless I just happened to get the bad one. May be calling FC soon for the racing header setup.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Also take into account that ur CAT maybe burn out soon when u have shorty

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
My cat burnt out a couple of months ago, have racing pipe. I have to get the new engine mount bushings in, I think the torque of the engine twist has caused the crack in the headers. We will see. Taking the cat into account is a good thought, have seen many posts, including mine that have fried cats.

[ 03-17-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: 1BadEgg ]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keep in mInd JBA has lifetime Warranty

100% For... uhm... I think 1 year (I forgot, I threw out that piece of paper)
75% after 2 years
50% after 4
25% forever... or something like that... I dunno but its a Hell of a lot better than the other warranties

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tnx

I have changed my idea, 370$ for only 2 or 4 hp... and 250$ for hi-flow cat is too expensive.
I will buy race header and hi-flow cat in the flexpipe.
tnx

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Originally posted by Focus_Is_Art:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No doubt about it, your cat will fail. go with the race header or plan on purchasing the aftermarket cat in about 4-6 months.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
if i had to do it all over again...the shorty header would be one of the last exauhst mods i'd do....too expensive for such little gain in the begining...i did it as one of the first mods for some asthetic reasons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts