1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Very interesting, but I cannot get your first link to work?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The software is real, I have used it and worked on developing it. It is basically competed, just doing some final hardware testing.

It will be available for just about every Ford product made. If you have a Taurus in the driveway, it's supported, Rangers, no problem, almost everything. I think it supports about 5000 different EEC codes including the non EEC stuff like SVT Focus, new Explorers, Lincoln LS, the whole shot.
Included in the software are value files for just about every combination of vehicle. You type in your EEC code, you load the value file for what you have and then just tweak from there. There is also extensive explanations for every parameter including a detailed explanation of every general field. I could teach my 13 year old daughter to tune a car in about an hour, it's truely that easy.
Maybe I could actually learn to use it.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Ouch... Did anyone read in there a time frame???? Eeeshh This software might make stand-alones obsolete!!!

I want it!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The only thing I worry about is the old "too good to be true" addage. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If this is true, yes, it will make stand alones obsolete for all, except high end race cars who need the special features available on like a Motec. This would make all the low end standalones like Haltec, Pectel, etc. obsolete for Ford users.

If this is true, I'm likely to sell mine, and go back to EECV.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
More for the lazy:
The version for the individual user will have two options.

One will be a flasher unit that will just reflash your module (EEC-V and PowerPC only).

The other option is that you get a burner with a two position chip that you will reburn for the changes. In a short time, before the end of the year, I think, the chip will have 4 positions on it.

If you have an EEC-IV, you have to get the chip version, no choice. If you have a PowerPC based vehicle (SVT Focus, 04 F-150, Lincoln LS, etc) you have no port, so you must use the flasher.

So either way is an option and the price will be very close to each other if not the same.

·
Registered
874 Posts
P-51,
I believe you have links to two competing systems there.
The Superchips version is the one you're excited about, and the EFI-Systems is the competing system. That guy Tim with EFI is the one spamming all of the boards. Jerry and JMS are affiliated with the Superchips deal.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
P-51,
I believe you have links to two competing systems there.
The Superchips version is the one you're excited about, and the EFI-Systems is the competing system. That guy Tim with EFI is the one spamming all of the boards. Jerry and JMS are affiliated with the Superchips deal.
Yea, Its a little confusing but I think you may be right.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The pectel unit know when the car is under boost becuase of the map sensor. How is the stock ecu going to know the car is under boost? I would think the pectel would be able to have more aggressive ignition and fuel tables because of that reason. I already ordered the pectel T2,so I will try that out first.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
for some reason, I'm not too sure about the "13 yo tuner daugther" comment.. im that joe schmo they talk about

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
didn't we see a post bout this. Product by superchips, but only available in UK, this was a couple months ago? It retained the EEC and was user programmable. It was called like shartooth or sharkfin or bluefin, or damn, i really want a tuna sandwich now.

Better than FAST or GEn VII DFI is a friggin HUGE claim to make. But if it is, damn. That's all i have to say.

My minivan was gonna be chipped by jerry before a deer ran into it.
Good guys.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
didn't we see a post bout this. Product by superchips, but only available in UK, this was a couple months ago? It retained the EEC and was user programmable. It was called like shartooth or sharkfin or bluefin, or damn, i really want a tuna sandwich now.

Better than FAST or GEn VII DFI is a friggin HUGE claim to make. But if it is, damn. That's all i have to say.

My minivan was gonna be chipped by jerry before a deer ran into it.
Good guys.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Email sent to request info.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stock ECU determines load by comparing the MAF signal with the theoretical potential of the engine, based on size and speed. Kinda hard to explain, but it does it.

So it can see boost, but indirectly.

Trust me, the EEC is more powerful than any sub-$5000 stand alone unit. The damn thing knows the volume of the intake manifold to calculate the feedforward idle air control function!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
there are cars that come from the factory with FI after all...

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's some more info in this thread:

<font color="red"> Warning, CC.com is a high tech board, and they don't put up with no [censored] from newbie retards. Don't register and ask dumb questions. </font>

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12035

I can't BELIEVE I can't type I S H now. No, not ess aach eye tee, but you can't even type eye ess aach!

·
Registered
874 Posts
No worries Rob, Registration is turned off.

1 - 20 of 371 Posts