Ford Focus Forum banner

The "Cat" is "Back"

747 views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Andy Smith 
Re: The \"Cat\" is \"Back\"

If noise is any issue with you, then don't go Bosal.
WRONG!!!
Only w/ a Race-Header Or ORP will you get any "Noise" from a Bosal.
BTW, Bosal ALSO has a "Silencer", just like FocusSport.
I have NO Idea where you got that notion...

take a look into borla,,,,from what i heard they have a real good sound to them that isnt as loud as alot of the others.
I don't know WHO you've been talking/listening to, but Borla is one of the VERY LOUDEST Systems on the market.

And yes I don't want my exhaust sounding like a coffee can with a blender inside to I guess the Bosal is off my list
It DOESN'T SOUND like a Coffee-Blender. The reference was to its VISUAL Styling.
The Sound is WARM, Full, Smooth, and REALLY Nice w/o being Obtrusive.
The looks are up to you and your taste.
I'm not a "Canister" fan, but I LOVE my Bosal, and the look is well done, w/ exchangable tips, easily added silencer, and a GREAT finish.

I'm trying to be unbiased, but I can't let misinformation go w/o response.

I measure the civility of an exhuast by it's ability to control the zetec's farts or burbles.
The bosal silencer is a restrictive plug that goes into the tip of the exhaust, the focus sport is a larger resonator that results in a quiet exhuast with no loss in power.
What you are calling "Farts or Burbles" is part of what makes the Zetec sound Good. It has a nice Rumble to it, and you'll find that quality in MOST Performance engines.
Go to a race track and listen when they let off the gas.
The Bosal Silencer isn't a "Plug" per se, and the reduction in HP is well under ONE PERCENT.

Give me the Burble!!!
Put a Semi-Open Exhaust on that Z06 and listen to IT Burble.
It depends on many factors, but the "Burble" is nothing related to the "Bumble-Bee Buzz" of Honda's etc.
I think it's a NICE sound. It's NOT a Volume issue, it's a "Warmness/Tone" issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.