Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... I did it. my transmission is so crapped out it's almost to the point of no return. I couldnt take it anymore... I called my stock broker, and I will be getting a check for $4000 within the next 2 weeks.

My next phone call was directly to Bill at Performance Automatic to inform him that the buy is on... He is gonna have the owner prepare my transmission, and we're off! the next few weeks are going to be long and torturous on both myself in anticipation, and my car with it being as busted as it is...

Stay tuned, it's coming soon!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by TooleBox:
well... I did it. my transmission is so crapped out it's almost to the point of no return. I couldnt take it anymore... I called my stock broker, and I will be getting a check for $4000 within the next 2 weeks.

My next phone call was directly to Bill at Performance Automatic to inform him that the buy is on... He is gonna have the owner prepare my transmission, and we're off! the next few weeks are going to be long and torturous on both myself in anticipation, and my car with it being as busted as it is...

Stay tuned, it's coming soon!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hope you dont crash the car and lose all of your investment

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm hoping your not gonna have to spend $4large for the tranny.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no... definately not 4k for the tranny... but... once the tranny is built, a couple g's to build up more boost is a good thing

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Awsome man ..
You better keep us posted every step of the way.

Im ..

|<->| That close to just swapping the 5spd in. Your my last hope with this whole automatic thing.

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
That's sweet! Since you are building it up can you add options like paddle shifters as seen in the WRC cars? I'd go auto if I could get a tranny like that

[ 03-25-2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: robbyracer ]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tdot... you cant go 5-speed man!!! stay true to the slushbox!

i figure after to cost of the trans... when i get my core charge back, that'll leave me plenty of cheese leftover to get a smaller supercharger pulley, stage 1 cams, recal my MAF, larger injectors, and get my chip tuned to keep things smooth... and some sort of coolant for the boost... n2o or water/alcohol

robby, nope. unfortunately, there are a couple ATX options now. none of which offer a trans brake or shift kits

[ 03-25-2003, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Can't wait to get a ride once the new transmission is installed. PA does wonders with the piece o' crap AOD tranny, so I imagine they will do a great job with the Focus automatic too.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Kevin please keep all of us Slush box owners out there w/ updated info. and cost. Please I beg you kevin, don't let us down.

[ 03-25-2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
Registered
987 Posts
great news man
do you have a dyno of your car as it is now or actually when you first got boosted? so we could compare?

what are you going to do for control of the tranny just a custom diablo delta chip?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Confused soul. I am waiting on a basic diablo chip from McNews right now... it's set to rework the tranny, revs and speed governer without any timing/fuel changes

as for the dyno, no I dont. I'm basically going by my track times, but even that wont be accurate since I havent run w/ a couple new mods due to my bad tranny.

aha, im sure there will be some sort of warranty, i'll let you know as soon as I know.

I should have my $$ within the next 2 weeks, then i'll be working out the final details w/ PA

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Originally posted by TooleBox:
tdot... you cant go 5-speed man!!! stay true to the slushbox!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">haha ... i dunno man ... I can get a tranny soo much cheaper.. Ya it will take me a week to get it to fit probably. But eeee... its a close call!

BTW... Check your Pm's ... I have something that might interest you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
wait, are you getting the whole full blown tranny?
i thought those would run aroun $3500...with that you wouldnt have enough to get all that other stuff right?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ztsfocus, the full blown tranny from level 10 is $3200...

the one from performance ATX is a nice bit less

we havent worked out a final price as of yet, but it WILL definately be in my car SOON...

I will keep everyone posted as to specs, cost, and I will do a full-on review as well.

FocusXny: PA uses ALTO high performance clutch packs which are the same clutches they use in their high powered Mustang setups.

If this setup is anything like what they have acchieved w/ the mustang transmission, we will not be dissapointed in both cost & quality!

Stay Tuned

[ 03-26-2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will do confused

I talked to PA today. the trans is complete... fully built but they didnt have a tq converter to build up, so im gonna have to buy one or find one somewhere that I can ship to them to build up...

but you are correct. PA isnt really telling anyone anything about the trans... i'm gonna be the guinnea pig... they're going to have their proven results from my car...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just not happening fast enough man!

you should see how horrid it is riding in my car right now

[sarcasm on] not to mention how terriffic my gas mileage is [/sarcasm off]

·
Registered
987 Posts
yea I thought Ray was trying work out details with them maybe you will help boost that communication level between McNews and PA

keep us informed man

1 - 20 of 54 Posts