Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not yet the quickest, but I'm pretty sure it's the fastest SVT around in the 1/4 mile. I went to the track tonight, this time with Hoosier 17/40/205 autocross tires on the front. Still no traction in 1st gear, still having to short-shift 2nd & 3rd, but it's getting there. Next week it's Hoosier 17/40/225s with 12 lbs air pressure. I WILL run a 12 before the end of the year. Check the ET slip on my Webshots page. The link to it is in the "My clean SVT" thread, in the Team Rigs section.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Actually Tom just got thru running a 12.99 at the lastest FFW event in IL. His trap speed was 111 mph in his Black SVT. He started a thread in the FI forum.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Why are you using Hoosiers? Why not go out and buy some drag radials? They are cheaper and provide much better traction. From what I've found running my race tires is that even when heated they don't offer much more traction then a street tire. Maybe at 12 psi they do, but come on, they aren't made for that. They are made to have very stiff sidewalls and their tread is designed to give maximum traction in corners, not in a straight line. I know Lorin (Omnifocus) and I have talked about the difference between Kumho Victoracers and Hoosiers as far as straight line traction goes and the Hoosiers lose in that battle.

Also just in case you don't realize this, Hoosiers will lose their maximum traction very fast. I've heard 4-8 heat cycles is where they are optimum and after that they go down hill really fast. So figure 1-2 burnouts per heat cycle and you can see that you're not going to get much out of them. Hmmm, out the door just went almost $400 for two tires vs. $250 or so for drag radials which will give superior traction. Shouldn't be that hard to make a decision.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
thewarf.com/ryan/index.php

(towson was my old server/host, all my stuff can be found on the above). just go to the car link and then the vids page.

-Ult

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Which one is the one with Rospo's car?

CCC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I never saw that page...whenever I clicked on "More 2002 Vids" it went to pics...thanks though.

CCC

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There's a SVT Focus with a Cobra motor running around, so I am pretty sure he'd smoke you, but as far as 4 banger svt, thats pretty fast.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
are we gonna bring JOe Morgan's tube frame RWD car's times out too?

Once you cross a certain line, it's not the same car. IMHO, that's changing which wheels are driven and doubling the amount of cylinders.

A nascar 'taurus' wouldn't be allowed to hold the fastest taurus in the world title, so we really shouldn't compare custom RWD jobbies....

sry pet peeve

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
you know what i meant dude...

the SVT he's talkin bout has a cobra engine, cobra tranny, cobra rear axle...sounds like a rebodied cobra to me.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
you know what i meant dude...

the SVT he's talkin bout has a cobra engine, cobra tranny, cobra rear axle...sounds like a rebodied cobra to me.
But its still an SVT...

SVT cobra motor
SVT lightning S/C nosecone and pulley
SVT cobra drivetrain and Brain
SVT focus body and interior
SVT Cobra Fuel pumps
SVT Focus Fuel Tank
SVT Cobra brakes

See? Still an SVT

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
are we gonna bring JOe Morgan's tube frame RWD car's times out too?

Once you cross a certain line, it's not the same car. IMHO, that's changing which wheels are driven and doubling the amount of cylinders.
#1, Joes car IS NOT TUBE FRAME. Its mostly stock unibody. Hell it even has the stock dampers.

#2, It's still only a 4 cyl.

#3, His car has more stock interior than my car does. Its still a focus, no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
lol well that sucks. They didn't show the e.t. on the board.

Anyway, what was rocspo's best e.t./MPH anyway?

·
Registered
4 Posts
well we all know that joe morgan has the fastest focus on the planet with his tube framed RWD 2.3 turbo based car...but i dont have the slightest clue who has the fastest 4 cyl front driver....
man i spend way too much time on turboford.org
but that site rocks along with this one and markviii.org

1 - 20 of 22 Posts