Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i just installed the tb this sat. we bored the manifold as best as we could (i think it was a decent job) and did a couple of other things along with the tb (oil, plugs).
when we first took it out, going about 60, floored it and it seemed like it reacted in the engine first and then got to the rest of the car and took off. did that twice, but hasn't done it since. other than the slower low end (which was expected) thats was the only problem i have had with the tb after installation.
but now, everytime i put it in park or even neutral, the rpm's go up a lil over 2250 it seems then will slowly drop back down. is this ok or should i be worried?
by the way, i do have an auto and yes the tps sensor is in the right place.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yes thats ok. as long as it comes down. its because the tb spring is stiffer and it will become nomal in a week when the spring brakes in. so don't worry

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: donszx3 ]</p>

·
Registered
222 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by donszx3:
yes thats ok. as long as it comes down. its because the tb spring is stiffer and it will become nomal in a week when the spring brakes in. so don't worry

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: donszx3 ]
<hr></blockquote>

YUP same thing happened to me but got better in a week or so

·
Registered
411 Posts
if it doesnt get better you have a leak at the gasket and should take the TB off and reinstall it with a new gasket and some Blue RTV.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YelloZX3SA:
if it doesnt get better you have a leak at the gasket and should take the TB off and reinstall it with a new gasket and some Blue RTV.<hr></blockquote>

lets just say it doesn't get better, how much would a new gasket cost me? would i get it from fc itself? we did use rtv when we put on this one, if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I had the same problem, and it ended up being the TPS was broken. When the TPS is faulty, the PCM does not know where the throttle actually is, and the little bugger usually breaks/shorts at some low throttle level. Like I said, same problem, resolved by new TPS.

I used my OBD-2 proggie to check the TPS location, and the PCM thought it was at 37%, rather than the ~19% it is when at idle.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
my tps is out also and does this. mine and others have had this due to washing the engine and the tps got wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts