Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want you guys to put 5 loudest cat-backs without anything else(no headers,flex,hi flo cats). 1 the loudest 5 the least loud

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
5-1
aem
Borla
vibrant
MBRP
HKS

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Im sorry but i have a borla and its not loud. LOL i always read post about exhaust, and how loud borla is. I have a shorty header, 2.5 borla, 2.5 flex pipe, not loud! It just sounds good. Loud is when you cant hear yourself think. Honda boys have LOUD exhaust and old rotary rx7s. Ill get a Db reading this week coming up.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
nick just answer what he asked...i gave an opinion to what he asked...why don't u do the same...maybe what i think is loud, u think is quiet...mm k then

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by HNDAETR:
1.Vibrant
2.Vibrant
3.Vibrant
4.Vibrant
5.Open exhaust

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
490 Posts
i have a borla 2 and its not loud. or not loud from the inside of the car. my dad said that when i drive in he thinks its a ferrari. but it doesnt seem loud

·
Registered
166 Posts
How LOUD is open exhaust anyways? When i put my HKS catback on , i wanted to rev my car up with open exhaust to hear it, but I was scared the car would shake its way off the jack stands , lol.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Originally posted by SVTRacing009:
How LOUD is open exhaust anyways? When i put my HKS catback on , i wanted to rev my car up with open exhaust to hear it, but I was scared the car would shake its way off the jack stands , lol.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have the HKS exhaust and had my car on jackstands earlier in the year to put on an FS flex and FC test pipe and I fired it up..

Lets just say when I revved it up I was holding my ears and the garage windows were shaking.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by SVTRacing009:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i just did this last week. i was refitting my exhaust and it's relaly not as loud as i expected. it sounded like a car with an mbrp and race header only deeper and choppier. i reved it up to about 4k so not all the way, but it wasn't ear shattering. i was dissappointed.

Nate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts