Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow thats alot of dynoes, that cool how they dynoed everything...interesting, im guessing its at the crank right?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Chris, pardon my ignorance, but is the FR intake available now? and now a direct bolt on? certainly a very intriguing option........

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Originally posted by ZXmurph:
Chris, pardon my ignorance, but is the FR intake available now? and now a direct bolt on? certainly a very intriguing option........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes its available for $495 from Ford. but that one requires alot of modifications for it to bolt up to our head.

I offer the same one, but i make all the modifications, so all you have to do is bolt it on.
these modifications include(Throttle body plate adapter for Fc 65mm T/B, all hose and vacumeline fittings installed, all flange holes filled and re drilled) and on request a SVT alternator bracket to lower the alternator, or youhave to shave it down as the FR intake will hit it.

any more info please PM me as this thread is suposed to be on the FR head.

Chris

[ 12-06-2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: CTZX3 ]

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My question about the FR head is how does it preform below 3,000rpm. One of my favorite features about the focus is the torque that it geneates well below where most dynographs start.

Does anyone have a graph or from looking at the design of the head? I know some of the people on this board have at least seen the head in person.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
How much do you sell them for, Chris?

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
the other post seems to be going a diffrent direction.

The only question i have is what gains at the wheels are expected with just the head, and what are the gains expected with a good set of cams. I dont want any of that BS about the HP at the crank.
I want to know usable HP since other parts and manufactures seem to do the HP at the wheels. If i wanted a daily driver car would This head package with a good set of cams be a good choice

This meanig the FR

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
then contact ray or bobby directly at www.mcnewsautomotive.com or by phone at 717 432 9503. they r sellin this package in addition 2 their own in-house head, and have time invested in it. alas contact them 4 the latest and most vast line of info.

-Ult

1 - 10 of 10 Posts