Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people it's getting real close.
The high flow cat race is on. MCNEWS is selling the Random Cat for $299.00 now, it was $350.00. Bosal is still working on theirs but it's taking a while. That Cat was going to be around $250.00.
I hate to play the devils' advicate but if Random's price gets any lower Bosal maybe to late.
Bosal"Mike, any word?"
I may soon be a Random Cat owner?
What do you thing people?
Later Rob the cheap ass Sole

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
i can see this being very interesting. i personally have decided to go with the FC race header. someone in my area is selling one with the ceramic coating and the vibration bracket and i'm getting a good deal. oh well.

i know bosal is a great company, but with the random tech going down to $300 with much better gains (last bosal incarnation made 3hp compared to the rt's 7 or so) i'd honestly be buying the bosal. the only issue is the few people that have had problems with the rt going ka-put on them.

Nate

[ 01-04-2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Bmorezx3 ]

·
Registered
81 Posts
i got a high flow cat for $50 from a wholesaler. i works great. i maybe can get a few more at that price or a little more. pm me if you are interested. my friend works for turbo rx and we say its for them. this is where turbo rx would jack up the price but we skipped that part.

late
conor

·
Registered
133 Posts
Conor the high flow cats that Random makes and that we are patiently waiting for from Bosal is a direct bolt-on.

Sir Gawain, Sole and Paparoach waiting in the Bosal line...dum de dum.

We should start a pool when the Bosal unit will be ready...

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think Bosal has helped the market with the introduction of its own highflow cat. It has helped decrease the price of the RT highflow, helping all who are looking to replace their stock cat. With the problems behind the RT highflow, I'd go with the Bosal, if I didn't already have the FC Race Header. Thank you Bosal and Bandit.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Will the Bosal high flow cat come with some kind of warranty? I'm not too sure about this, but I think the Random Technology cats come with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Bosal wont **** us with this cat i dont think...Take a look around at the pieces they already make. anyone want to say that their Bosal exhaust sucks? I wont...I love the quality they put into their parts...I decided today (for real) that i will not go race pipe, but yet i WILL wait for the Bosal for sure because they havent dont me wrong yet...and BANDIT rocks too....

Thanks Paparoach for the representin!! I didnt even think anyone would care that We were pushing the Bosal Cat thang....yo I am gonna start another Bosal thread or maybe give a rebirth to the old one again...

robert

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Originally posted by mcs7865:
With the problems behind the RT highflow,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What problems? This cat has proven itself for quality and power. It makes more noise because it flows.

Competition has nothing to do with the price. Find a part for the money that makes more power and has the same quality.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
seriousely, what problems.

I have had the very first Random cat on my car for well over a year now. Have put about 20K miles on my car with it in place and have experienced no problems at all.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
these "problems" were from people having the cats disintegrate for one reason or another. i have heard a very small amount of people complain about this, but i know it has been an issue with a minority of owners. still, if i had to choose between the bosal and rt given the current data i'd buy the rt.

Nate

·
Registered
573 Posts
Due to a couple of OEM contracts which take precedent,& take up most of the bending & welding machines we are still going to come out with this cat.Just bear with us. As far as warranty, any aftermarket cat is 25,000 mi on the brick & 5 year 50,000 mile on the stainless steel body & pipes. This is a federal warranty not made up by Bosal or any other manufacture. As far as the HP ratings us vs RT there was only a differance of 2 HP. We have another cat that we will be testing so stay tuned.

·
Registered
489 Posts
We have another cat that we will be testing so stay tuned.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Bring IT!!!!!

Bandit I'm ready for my BC man (Bosal Cat)...

Try all the ones you need..Does Bosal/Brospeed have a company newsletter that could keep us informed on the developments of the company? Or any thing like this?

Robert

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sir Gawain, sorry we don't but you can email me or call, 800-631-7271 x 227 or 973 428-9822 x 227. Since this project is so small I have to depend on quite a few people & work within their free time. It sucks but I have no choice.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
2hp diff and have another cat...well i'll still be waiting to drive up and rob one from you mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't want to be a scrooch but 2hp for $50 seems like a big difference if you ask me.

That would make this a no brainer. I am sorry Mike but I think the random tech cat is in my future.

Keep us informed because I am not gonna buy a cat until the spring

·
Registered
573 Posts
Poppa Roach, that was our first attempt, we did some flow tests on some other cats and there was a big improvment so stay tuned we may suprise you with price and HP.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Staying tuned....just praying for my stock cat to hold out until this is delivered. I would much prefer Bosal to RT (just personal preference), but if the kitty goes bye-bye before the BC release, what is a Jetter to do?

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Originally posted by BANDIT:
Posomx if your cat goes bad there is a 8 year 80,000 mile warranty on that cat!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Unless Ford says that your cat burned up due to modifications. Then you have to get creative.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by BANDIT:
Posomx if your cat goes bad there is a 8 year 80,000 mile warranty on that cat!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanx BANDIT, but I am fairly sure my shorty header kinda smokes any warranty on my cat. Could be wrong, but the last time I talked to my dealer (who is fairly easy to deal with considering my mods) they were shaky on covering the cat under any kind of warranty due to the header.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts