[ 03-22-2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Nice beginning numbers Ron

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
so the intake is going on next year, and the exhuast in the following year if things go as planned?

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
After a long, cold winter I was able to get the project car on the dyno (DynoJet) and pull stock numbers to establish a baseline.

The numbers are pretty much in line with the averages we've seen with other FSVT's.

Power: 147.5
Torque: 130.6

Nice starting numbers for our car.

Next step will be to get it to inhale and exhale a bit easier.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Cool.. Nice numbers Ron. Is there any way that we can get a tenative schedule and list of the parts?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
It has begun...

- Drew

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
so the intake is going on next year, and the exhuast in the following year if things go as planned?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
I thought SVTF had 170 HP? And what happened to the new rims?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">170 is the flywheel power....the transmission eats some of the power, so at the front wheels you get 148.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In the winter the new wheels stay warm in the garage.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Originally posted by Jimmy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">170 is the flywheel power....the transmission eats some of the power, so at the front wheels you get 148.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, what does my car have at the wheels?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Jimmy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">170 is the flywheel power....the transmission eats some of the power, so at the front wheels you get 148.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, what does my car have at the wheels?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I believe tha car has around 100 or a little less HP. ya i know, it sucks. L8er jon

EDIT: actually tigereck's(something like that) car only has 97 HP after a cam gear tune. He said it added about 18. SO 97-18+79. In other words, ford doesnt sell cars by advertising WHP. L8er Jon

[ 04-03-2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: SaxManZX3 ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
It also depends on the Focus and the Dyno. I made 117hp/125tq at the wheels with just a Magnaflow exhaust. On a different dyno on a different day I made 112hp with the same setup. Both were DynoJets.

It all varies.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
It also depends on the Focus and the Dyno. I made 117hp/125tq at the wheels with just a Magnaflow exhaust. On a different dyno on a different day I made 112hp with the same setup. Both were DynoJets.

It all varies.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You made 117 HP with a regular Focus ith only a catback? SO what the heck is the deal with tigreck's car? I dont get it. I see that the HP reading may vary. but not by 20 HP. L8er jon

1 - 20 of 27 Posts