The journey begins... FJ Project Car dyno numbers

2K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  MichaelXi 
#1 ·
Let the modifications Begin

[ 03-22-2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

#2 ·
Nice beginning numbers Ron

#5 ·
After a long, cold winter I was able to get the project car on the dyno (DynoJet) and pull stock numbers to establish a baseline.

The numbers are pretty much in line with the averages we've seen with other FSVT's.

Power: 147.5
Torque: 130.6

Nice starting numbers for our car.

Next step will be to get it to inhale and exhale a bit easier.

#9 ·
Originally posted by nazthug:
so the intake is going on next year, and the exhuast in the following year if things go as planned?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

#13 ·
Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
I thought SVTF had 170 HP? And what happened to the new rims?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">170 is the flywheel power....the transmission eats some of the power, so at the front wheels you get 148.

#16 ·
Originally posted by Jimmy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">170 is the flywheel power....the transmission eats some of the power, so at the front wheels you get 148.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, what does my car have at the wheels?

#18 ·
Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Jimmy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">170 is the flywheel power....the transmission eats some of the power, so at the front wheels you get 148.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, what does my car have at the wheels?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I believe tha car has around 100 or a little less HP. ya i know, it sucks. L8er jon

EDIT: actually tigereck's(something like that) car only has 97 HP after a cam gear tune. He said it added about 18. SO 97-18+79. In other words, ford doesnt sell cars by advertising WHP. L8er Jon

[ 04-03-2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: SaxManZX3 ]

#20 ·
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
It also depends on the Focus and the Dyno. I made 117hp/125tq at the wheels with just a Magnaflow exhaust. On a different dyno on a different day I made 112hp with the same setup. Both were DynoJets.

It all varies.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You made 117 HP with a regular Focus ith only a catback? SO what the heck is the deal with tigreck's car? I dont get it. I see that the HP reading may vary. but not by 20 HP. L8er jon

#21 ·
Well.. Anyway, this thread is about Ron's supercool SVTF, not my ZX3... My point was just that ZX3s and Dynos have some serious variance.

SVT Foci appear to be very consistent however, which given SVT's problems in the past is VERY commendable.

[ 04-03-2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

#22 ·
Originally posted by SaxManZX3:
You made 117 HP with a regular Focus ith only a catback? SO what the heck is the deal with tigreck's car? I dont get it. I see that the HP reading may vary. but not by 20 HP. L8er jon
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pablo has an Auto not a Manual.

- Drew

#23 ·
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by SaxManZX3:
You made 117 HP with a regular Focus ith only a catback? SO what the heck is the deal with tigreck's car? I dont get it. I see that the HP reading may vary. but not by 20 HP. L8er jon
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pablo has an Auto not a Manual.

- Drew
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OHHHH ic. I didint realixe that the ATX absorbed so much power. Thats wierd. Well yeah i can't wait to see the final product of the project car. Should be cool.
L8er Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.