Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im very interested in purchasing a used Zx3. there are a few around my neiborhood that im looking at, and the prices are right. the only thing im not sure of is the life expectantcy of the zetec engine? I dont plan on many engine mods past the usual intake, exhaust, ect. and i am very religious about oil changes and the like. I cant really afford to be buying another car any time soon (college student) and i wanna know if this is a wise purchase for me!?!

thanx for any help...

·
Registered
411 Posts
On Focus, the problem is not from engine but from other parts like wheel bearing, DEFP, Fuel pump, TPS, tranny. Those are some of the common on Focus.

Don't get me wrong, focus is a good car and I have 80k miles on it and the only real problem I have fixed is the fuel pump. But if ur going to get one, see if you can get late 01 model. And make sure you get one with SOME warrenty left and make sure all the recall have been done.

·
Registered
729 Posts
as long as u find a warranty i dont htink u should have a problem,,,,bout 3 months ago i bout a 2k zx3 5spd with 15000 miles on it,,,,i got it and a 5 year warranty for a tick under 10grand..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright cool, the two that im looking at right now are 2001's, and one still has some warrenty left i beleive

(both steeda's btw)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts