Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made my own cold air intake. does the MAF have to be in the stock position or can it be moved? Does it affect anything if it is not in the stock location? All carbon fibre tubes. Its light and sounds good.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by mattndew676:
I just made my own cold air intake. does the MAF have to be in the stock position or can it be moved? Does it affect anything if it is not in the stock location? All carbon fibre tubes. Its light and sounds good.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I got your e-mail..I will open the attachement and post them up when I get home later on today...sounds awsome!
as for the MAF..yes it has to be in that location (If I recall correctly, but dont quote me)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have the pics yet. i have to wait for the typical 4 day walmart wait for the pics. there will be a post of my shorty design. But the long cold air will have to wait for pics. The long cold air has a side vent and splash box covering the cone filter.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I extended the wires and mounted my MAF to the drivers side frame rail. I havn't had any problems with it.
Turbulance in the air flow before the MAF seems to cause some idle problems in some peoples cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts