Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
I
13,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been wanting one of these for a while and finally picked one up this past weekend. Car is an 85 with a bit over 66k miles on her and she just passed emissions today so I can finally get some real plates on her. I'm not sure what to call her yet. My friend has dubbed her "Rain Cloud" since it's dark grey and it just made her day when she found out it was Nimbus Grey. I might call her "Lucky" since I picked her up on 7/7/07 :rolleyes:

Anyways, here are the pictures. I haven't even touched the car with any sort of cleaning products so bear with me. I'll have some "after" pics up when it isn't 95* and 60% humidity.

Grill is a bit beat, but nothing a little Cosi present wouldn't fix ;)

Here's the filthy Focus. Not much new since last pics except the SVT rear bumper and I painted the side mirrors SVT style. She's pretty much Team New England's illegitimate "Blue Egg" love child. Majikal's rear bumper and hood, Demonfire's sill plates, SVTADAM's taillights and used to have his SVT headlights as well, and Boosted00focuszx3's bro's headlights and grill. All of those guys have worked on the car too. The SVT header is hkysk8r07's as well :thumbup:

Plans for the XR include water temp, oil pressure, and boost gauge, turbo timer, MBC, FMIC, BOV, exhaust, suspension work (bushings, shocks/struts, springs), etc. It's going to be a long project so I'm not in a hurry to do most of these except the water temp and oil pressure.

The Focus doesn't have much more planned. I have a SVT header and dipstick tube waiting to be picked up from being ceramic coated, high flow cat, and 2.5" flex. Probably going to do a custom P/S line setup to move it out of the engine bay. Probably port the t/b and motor mounts. Still throwing a code for a small evap leak which will need to be fixed before emissions time so that will put a damper on any modding plans.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Re: The New (Old) Toy

Nice! Although XR's can be a mixed bag when you consider parts might be difficult to come by.

p.s. look at this place for a few upgrade parts!

http://www.40bob.com/

-bix

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts

its beautiful Joe...

There was a time when I would like at that thing and just say... "ugh"... and turn away. But its now a thing of beauty. lol

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

thats one clean XR.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts

Nice find Joe, car looks great. So does this mean that everyone from "TNE" has to get an XR now...? Anyway, if you ever need a part, I'm sure you can "borrow" it from Ray,,,,,:evilgrin:

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts

Zekester said:
Nice find Joe, car looks great. So does this mean that everyone from "TNE" has to get an XR now...? Anyway, if you ever need a part, I'm sure you can "borrow" it from Ray,,,,,:evilgrin:
I think we're the only ones left Mark. lol

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

:lol: oooo man, i think ur in good hands so close to the Xr4Ti master:evilgrin:

nice man, hope to see it in person:thumbup:

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts

geeze another one?? why dont you guys form a CT merkur club and just leave us alone

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

the car really is in great shape. new hoses, belts, ignition.

really nice find. :)

·
Registered
4,404 Posts

Just took a look at it yesterday. Good find Joe. For the age she is in good shape.

So many projects...so little time!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

Looks like she's in pretty darn good shape!
Nice find.
66277 real miles or 166277?

pssst.....
tell the DMV it's 166277 miles ;)

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

smoke3006 said:
Looks like she's in pretty darn good shape!
Nice find.
66277 real miles or 166277?

pssst.....
tell the DMV it's 166277 miles ;)

it's over 7 calendar years old, they go by the bill of sale not the book value.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

I got an extra cossie grill if you want to buy it.

1 - 20 of 457 Posts