Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is some of my thoughts on the new neon.
First of all I have not and prabably never will be a DODGE,CHRYSLER,PLYMOUTH,or JEEP owner NOT because I drive a ford and people that drive fords are supposed to hate dodges and chevys, it's because everyone I know has had alot of major problems with their products. I have one friend that has had 3 Late model RAM trucks the tranny went out in two of them and the motor blew in the other. Now to the NEON my brothers girlfriend had a 98-99 neon that had two motors blow up in, Also a good friend of mine from work had one the same year and also went through two motors and a tranny.

Now the point of this post is that DODGE in the past has had poor quality controll, so before we crown this car king shouldnt we give it a year or so to se how they hold up?

[ 04-28-2003, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: JLR tuning ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
No.. No I don't see myself giving them a year.

I don't think we have any room to talk about poor quality control.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by JLR tuning:
people that drive fords are supposed to hate dodges and chevys
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...and while we're on the subject..

I can think of a vehicle from practically every manufacturer in some point in time that I'd like to own. Single brand people lose out on a lot of good stuff.

[ 04-28-2003, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
We have given the Focus a couple years and it's still **** and not ground breaking...nor did it set any standards.

Only thing good I seen from the Focus was the SVT Focus which had really good handling for a car under $20k.

Other then that...the SVT Focus is still a Focus...and still a Ford.

Bleh, just give the SRT-4 a chance people. We gave the Focus a chance, so why not give the SRT-4 a chance?

BTW, I don't think Dodge uses the "Neon" name with the SRT-4. It's SRT-4 and that's it. Not "Dodge Neon SRT-4." ...then again, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look dude, that is true about us having quality issues but from what I know we dont have motors and trannys going out.

And by the way I think you misunderstood what i was saying about the ford people hating dodges and chevys. What i said was that was not the reason i would most likley never be a dodge owner its because everyone i know has alot of problems with them.

And on another note I am not a one brand person in the past 5years I have owned 2Fords, 1 Chevy, 1 Mitsubishi, 2 Suzukis, 2 Kawsakis, and 1 Yamaha.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by JLR tuning:
people that drive fords are supposed to hate dodges and chevys

??? thats just a dumb comment.

Now the point of this post is that DODGE in the past has had poor quality controll, so before we crown this car king shouldnt we give it a year or so to se how they hold up?

Things change. I think dodge is doing great work. look at their lineup, they have some of the best cars out there (or coming out). One of my friends owns a durango, another owns a stratus RT, and I am very impressed by the quality of both. If the neon SRT had a decent interior (boy they must have really cut the costs in that area, its pretty bad), I would go for it. Just like Ford has, I really think Dodge has come a long way in the last few years.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I am not saying that people should hate DODGE and CHEVY because they drive a Ford.

So everyone that is coping that in to their post should go back and read what was said before that part of the statement.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I did read it.

We have had motors and transaxles die on these cars. Go read the archives... plenty of mechanical failures of a wide variety. It is part of the automotive game.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here's my experience with Neons. I have owned two. The first was a 1997 base model. I kept it 25,000 miles with no problems. I bought a 2000 model (much nicer car). I put over 106,000 on it. The only problem I had was a main seal leak at 101,000 miles. It used no oil and ran great. The seal was 300 bucks installed. I beat the hell out of my Neon and it was a great car. Ice cold AC, no rattles, good paint and it handled well.

I only had two complaints: The 3 speed auto kinda sucked for initial acceleration and the front end plastic was pretty low and scraped the parking curbs. Neons are OK if you take care of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts