Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Many are speculating this could be a revival of the Mercury Capri nameplate.
Dont they mean FORD Capri

Anyway...looks alot better then that teaser photo they had..though I dont dig the wheels.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
The styling cues, like the 1/4 windows and the vents in front of the rear wheel arch just shout Capri. Looks nice; hope we see it--but at Ford. Mercury always butchers anything cool that FMC gives them--Capri (thrice), Pantara, Maurauder, Cougar etc.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Some old Ford Capri Shots for the youngns out there
...I should talk I had to goto google to find what it looks like

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i think wrcfan meant he is pissed that mercury did that to the capri.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ah, I see

I've only ever seen that as the mercury.. and those others posted as the ford.

My friend had one .. it had trouble making it up hills.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's not get confused, the Capri has always been sold in the U.S. as a Mercury. The original "good" one and the bastard child "bad" convertible one sold later.

It was the Ford Capri in Europe as they don't have the Mercury brand over there.

The Visos concept is badged a Ford, but that is just probably a thinly disquised attempt to not let the cat out of the bag.

This car may be built on the new Focus platform, and might have AWD and a very high output engine (240+HP) if the rumors are to be believed.

Let's hope!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
What about this Capri?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
eww. not lovin the old capri. Visos looks pretty bad-ass though.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hmm, the new C1 platform, I really see the '05 Mustang preportions in the concept, which makes sense if it's the return of the capri.

I absolutely love the rear end styling on this concept, let's hope that the new C1 Focus Wagon get's the exact same treatment. I doubt it, but one can dream.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah it's ok but what's up with the raccoon eye headlights and the really awful wheels? THIS is what direction Ford styling is headed? Hmmmm, well maybe it will look better at the auto show...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts