Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
first off forget about stage three unless you have all NEW CROWER OR CRANE springs valves and retainers, secong

BOTH CAMS KICK ASS depends on where you like your power

CROWER = HIGH END POWER

CRANE = LOW-MID RANGE POWER

I WENT WITH THE CRANE 2's AND
all the way

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looking at the specs for both, there is quite a difference in the grinds. I will be in the market for cams this Spring.

My big question here is does anyone have a Dyno of each (Crane II versus Crower II). I am curious to see both the overall gains, as well as (and probably more importantly) the HP/TQ Curves for both, as compared to stock cams.

I ask this, becuz when you look at the FS Dyno for the Kents (which I am not interested in) you see an overall Torque loss as well as a general HP loss in the low-mid end, with an increase only @ 6K+??

FS Kent Cam Dyno

Anyone?

[ 11-08-2002, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have crane and I love the feeling. I haven't even tuned them yet and my car pulls so damn good. I saw some dude selling stage 3 crowers for $320 or something. The problem is is that they recommend you have, well, a beefier motor for stage 3s.
In about a week I will have dyno numbers for my cranes.Some dude had them on and said he was pulling like 143 tq and like 138 or so hp. Try and find a honda with tq numbers like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What constitutes as a "beefier" motor?
The guy who installed the stage three cams on the yellow one said it helped that guys car out alot, but his friend said it idles like s**t. Hasnt been tuned though. I also plan on dropping 3k into my eng. around christmas so plan on getting a headpackge, valves springs and retainers also.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im just wondering if it would be cheaper to get the cams with the package or indivualy. Cams then the package.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What was that price again and what kind of performance gains should I expect as far as hp. and torque? Thanks for helping me Ryan, you've been bearing with my lack of knowledge in many fields. I'll hit you up sometime this week about the 17th, but Friday night I hit a bump in the road, bent two of my rims, and blew two tires. Hopefully I'll them fixed by then. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts