Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep!

I have it too, on both front seats AND the blue inserts on the door panels. My car gets washed 3-4 times per month and the car is NEVER eaten in. I stochgarded the cloth right after I got the car.

Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to remedy this problem and what has been done about it?

The car goes in next week and this is one of the issues I was addressed.

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
they will most likely say you spilled something. the theory is it is part of the cushioning. Usually with mine I wipe it or pat it with my hand and it goes away.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
There was a thread that discussed this very problem but I think that was prior to the server change over and might not have been carried over to the new server
.Most ended up patting down the seat material with a damp clean cloth that removed the white marks/residue.Whether or not it returned back I am not sure though.I know that on my driver seat it didn't return back and it has been months since first trying that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got mine replaced...

First of all, there are two different issues. One is the stuff that is coming up from the cushion underneath the seats, that one is the "wipe it off or vacuum it" problem. The other is the "spooge stain" which is the one I had.

Long story on how I got mine replaced made short:

Dealership believed me that it wasn't a stain that I made, but a new program required them to send digital pictures to FordMoCo for any cosmetic repairs. Ford refused to repair the seat covers and responded with "Stains not covered under warranty."

SVT was of little assistance (They can not moderate between a customer and a dealership or Ford). They recommended I call an area rep or something of the sort. Scheduled with the dealership to bring the car back when the area guy was around. He said it was a stain, handed me some sooperdooper 3m Cleaning stuff that he said would resolve the problem. He wiped down the drivers seat, and while it was wet, it looked great. I then took the car back to work, and cleaned both seats with the cleaner and a fingernail brush as advised. As soon as it dried, the stains were back.

Met again with zone rep about a week later, he overrode the decision by Ford on what he called a "Customer Satisfaction" claim. Basically - Ford, SVT, and the zone rep refused to admit that there was an issue. All parties claimed that this was the first they had heard of it. However, my dealership had already done a replacement on another SVTF with the same problem, before they were bound into this digital imaging thing.

So, now... I have new seat covers, no signs of the same problem, and am a happy person. If SVT Claims that they haven't heard of this... call them on it, there are more than a few of us who have contacted them about it. I spoke to a person at SVT named Rob about the issue on several occasions, if he doesn't remember that I'd be floored; because I got a little pissed off at him.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They'd better fix it!

One of the guys in my SVTOA chapter had a small thread poking out of his '03 Cobra's steering wheel. Instead of trying to fix it Ford replaced the whole wheel. They also replaced his pedals for wearing down too fast.

I've got that ammo for them should they try some BS. I know for a fact it isn't a stain and I've vacuumed/wiped my seats down many times. I've tried cleaners too. nothing helps. Another thing that I noticed is that the problem is also happening to the door panels. There is no way to stain those suckers!

I want new seat covers!

·
Registered
734 Posts
starting to happen on my drivers seat and i think slightly on the door panel too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts