Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any and all criticism (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated...

that's just the beggining of my interior development. Lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
It would be a little more work, but paint your coin tray and surround black. Small touch, but I think it would look nice. Might want to paint your ash try door blue to match too. Did you do any parts of the doors?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havn't started with the doors yet, I havn't decided which parts I want to paint and what color I want to paint them yet. Which part are you speaking of when you say "coin tray/surround"? I'm not quite sure.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
i wouldnt paint anymore. what you have right there is pretty tasteful and 100% done right!! good job.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
how did you make it so smooth looking? What kind of paint and process did you use? I have a few more things in my interior I would like to paint.

Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how did you make it so smooth looking? What kind of paint and process did you use? I have a few more things in my interior I would like to paint.

Jason
I learned from painting my old mustangs interior incorrectly which ended up chipping and looking bad due to lack of prep, and clearcoat. I used Krylon primer/color/crystal clear. I just roughed up the surfaces a little, a few good coats of primer, wet sanded smooth (except I had some trouble with the glovebox)dried for a while, then a few good coats of color, dried for a while, and a few good coats of clear.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Looks pretty good. He's talking about the little change cup on the instrument surround, painting that black. If you do go that route, leave the ash tray black also. It'd be the right offset in color. The upper half looks good, but the lower panels seem to have an odd little color to them, almost like they weren't sprayed evenly (glove box and under steering wheel). But that may just be from the flash. I'd almost say give all the pieces a few more coats of clear and it'd look 100%. Good job.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Which part are you speaking of when you say "coin tray/surround"? I'm not quite sure.
That little hole to the right of the gauges. That was make for coins, but noone uses it.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
I can never get anything out of there once I put it in. OK, that sounded terrible.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
A little too smurfy colored for me, but I admire the fact that you did it.

I might do my AC vents one of these days. Maybe send them to Majikal and he can paint them for me, cuz he's such a sweetheart.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
A little too smurfy colored for me, but I admire the fact that you did it.

I might do my AC vents one of these days. Maybe send them to Majikal and he can paint them for me, cuz he's such a sweetheart.

lol awesome

btw..what did u do to your steering wheel emblem??? looks like a Sharpie had its way with it

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
get custom colormatching shift/ebrake boots and a short throw shifter and some nice svt pedals and its gonna look much better....so far so good though

·
Registered
74 Posts
go for an off color to set it off i painted the ac vents all blue (and i mean the whole thing) then to set off the the look i painted the little knob to direct the air flow silver to set off the look i like it and i think i am going to paint the center console blue/silver kind of up in the air right know

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Paint the shift Knob, most definately...

Well actually I don't know, make sure It's good paint or something. Because I tried this... Maybe I didn't let the clear-coat cure or something. I had a horrible irritation due to the chemicals and what not on my palm... quite unpleasant, But maybe you can pull it off successfully since your knob is different than mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone for the input, you've given me some good ideas to further the developement of my interior's gloriousness

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Thank you everyone for the input, you've given me some good ideas to further the developement of my interior's gloriousness
btw..what did u do to your steering wheel emblem??? looks like a Sharpie had its way with it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehe, well... sorry to disappoint but it wasn't a sharpie. I used a small piece of black vinyl and covered the emblem. It looks a lot better in person. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it that it does look rather like a colored it in with a sharpie in the picture.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts