Honda's new honeycomb grill design.

Rest of the car:

EDIT: more:

new features:
- honeycombe grill on 3 door, 3 colored bars on 5 door
- new front and rear bumpers
- new projection headlights
- new center console
- US Civic Si 160hp engine available in the 5 door version (we didn´t get that engine here in Europe)
- lightened flywheel on the Type-R, 0.2 sec faster from 0-100kph: 6.6 sec
- 1.4 Sport with Type R looks
- Hybrid version of the five door

From here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1005090

·
Registered
729 Posts
god i love how honda is startin to copy the focus,,makes u feel like the superior dont it??

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
The side valances and wing are riffs of the Type-R. I do not like the chin spoiler, it looks too "aftermarkety".

The wheels are a step in the right direction but I'm not too thrilled with them.

I'm NOT sure if the head/tail lights are a step in the right direction, I will need to see them in person. I seriously doubt that the rears are.

They've basically answered the critics (me included) who said the car needed some sort of body kit and different (bigger) factory wheels.

Is it enough to boost sales?

Note to Honda, if you want to sell more hot civics bring the CTR to the states. I would definately take a look at that.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
civic cyoping the focus because of the grill, are you kidding?

remember the Si back in 99? before the svt focus was out
Nope, never seen one in person (very truckish area by me). I just thought it was new by the way it was written ("new features").

·
Registered
246 Posts
o wow that is fulgy, the type R is alright but what are they tryna do with that Si? Bleh where is that vomiting smiley when ya need it?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I like the current Si better. Those changes are all teh nastee.
I totally agree. The Si tends to get a beating around here, but I always admire one when I see it. Clean, simple....and all of the above just clutters it to me.....probably why we like stock ZX3s

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
The side valances and wing are riffs of the Type-R. I do not like the chin spoiler, it looks too "aftermarkety".

The wheels are a step in the right direction but I'm not too thrilled with them.

I'm NOT sure if the head/tail lights are a step in the right direction, I will need to see them in person. I seriously doubt that the rears are.

They've basically answered the critics (me included) who said the car needed some sort of body kit and different (bigger) factory wheels.

Is it enough to boost sales?

Note to Honda, if you want to sell more hot civics bring the CTR to the states. I would definately take a look at that.
I am your echo on this one Ron.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
god i love how honda is startin to copy the focus,,makes u feel like the superior dont it??
Naw, you have a superiority complex thinking your car (or the Focus in general) is flat out better then Honda's.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Still looks like they left the ZX3 in the oven too long when they designed it...not digging it

·
Registered
943 Posts
Looks like an APC showcar. Don't like anything about it. The chin spoiler and skirts look too tacked on. The headlights are just buggy looking.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Naw, you have a superiority complex thinking your car is flat out better then Honda's.
im just sayin,,,when honda redid the civic si's the first thing i thought of is the look like a focus, cept the tail lights,,even the civic coupes have the same design goin on in the light department as the 4 door focus's,,,thats just IMO though,,,,that and iv always been brought up on the blue oval.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just tried to build and price the new vivid blue Si with side air bags, notice that the engine spec is 2.3L DOHC i-VTEC.

If it were a reality I would be tempted to buy one in a 5-door platform.

=dRe=

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
always been brought up on the blue oval.
Yep praising and sucking blue oval's ****. But there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy huh?

·
Registered
729 Posts
always been brought up on the blue oval.
Yep praising and sucking blue oval's ****. But there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy huh?
whats your problem man,,,i have an opinion on something and u just knock it,,,

1 - 20 of 43 Posts