Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal, the date is set Sept. 12th at the Cooper River Drag Strip. 1/4 mile, and Sept. 14th at the Charleston Ice Palace (autox) ZX3 vs SVT

ZX3 - Mac Intake, Mac UDP, SVT Springs, almost new Dunlop SP Sport FM901s (205/40/16 up front and 205/55/16 in rear). I plan to remove my entire back seat, spare and jack and have give or take a 1/4 tank of gas.

SVT - huge K&N cone filter, semi-bald stock tires, a clutch that could possilby be going bad. Full interior (w/ leather)

Any takers as to who should win? In reality, I see the SVT winning the drag, and losing the autox.

Any ball park idea on times for drag?

He ran this past weekend, and says he got a mid-16, I on the other hand, have never dragged before. I have however enjoyed many feathering clutched 4000 rpm starts at SCCA Solo II events. Any tips for a 1st timer?

·
Registered
378 Posts
way to jump the green on that first run...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Any tips for a 1st timer?
Yes, I have a couple tips for you. First, if you are running a .500 drag tree (Sportsman style) leave on the last yellow, dont wait for green, or you will be late. If you are racing on a .400 drag tree (Pro Tree, my persnal fav) leave when you see yellow. Launch at no more than 3- 3500k rpms, and just drive it like you stole it!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts