Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many horses do you think you will have to have to beat on of these things
?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Um. if the stang is stock, you don't need much at all.

As long as you have a 5 speed, minimal mods (i.e. basic EFFECTIVE bolt ons such as UDP, ported 2k intake and cam gears for starters) would be needed to pull on one of them at the track.

V6 stangs are awfully slow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
with a semi decent driver it'll run 15.5's my friend has one and he ran a 15.3 with full suspension intake and cat back

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feed back peps! the reason i asked is i had to give it to one today on the way home WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

·
Registered
860 Posts
thanks for the feed back peps! the reason i asked is i had to give it to one today on the way home WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
...Sounds like you were street-racing...

...Anyways, just buy a bone-stock PZEV and learn how to drive it...Bone-stock (and even fart-can equipped) V6 Mustangs will get accustomed to your tail lights...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i never do that. to dangerous i just stopped at the local track...

·
Registered
860 Posts
...Ahh...I gotcha...
...I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Actually, i think you have a good chance of winning against a v6stang, just make sure its a v6.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
;) ...Ahh...I gotcha...
no problem man you were just looking out.. yeah it was a v6 i don't like the GT's im not ready YET!!! LOL

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I have a bit of a funny story about a V6 stang...

I had a friend with a V6 auto, he had a complete Cobra R conversion, even down to the stock cobra exhaust. This thing looked like a cobra. My car was pretty stock (No filter and no mufflers, and thats about it).

So we were at cali speedway's poor excuse for a strip and we decided to run. The announcer announces us (we were in the "Grudge match" lane (which happened to put us in the middle of the imports run group) and just refers to mike's car as a mustang and my car as a kona. I could see all the old school domestic guys laugh in the stands. We staged and went, and i got him by .3, but here's the kicker...at cali speedway, there's no timeboards, so only you and the guy you ran know what times you ran. I didn't really think anything of it till someone came up to me and asked if i was the focus that beat the cobra. Talk about getting a big head.

So the moral of the story is. If its an auto V6 you need very little. If its a stick you need a little more.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
i have a 5-speed ZX3 (2000 so i get the old skool manifold), with UDP, Volant, cat-back, and 65mm TB. i regularly whoop up on V6 Mustangs, i mean i know my role in the food chain of cars, so i wouldn't mess with a V8 stang, but those V6's are one of the cars i never ever have a problem with.

·
Registered
860 Posts
;) ...Ahh...I gotcha...
no problem man you were just looking out.. yeah it was a v6 i don't like the GT's im not ready YET!!! LOL
...Geez...I have a funny story about the mis-identified SN-95 GT who now most likely has a brown stain on his drivers seat cos my PZEV ZX3 with just an exhaust went from dead even, only to the back of his front fender, after approx. 1/4 mile...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts