Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to begin installation of my gauges. the pod is installed for now...i'll fish wire and hookup the stuff later.

just thought i'd might share, tips and suggestions are welcome. whats w/Ult and all these interior mods? shouldnt he be buyin that new traction bar for drag'n?

see bottom for latest pix

-Ult

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Re: More boredom....(gauges phase 1)

Ult,

Looks good man.

But, oil and volts? I don't see the point.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

Slick placement and execution.....I don't very much like A pillar mounted gauges but the way you've done it looks great.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ult,

Looks good man.

But, oil and volts? I don't see the point.
1st thing i ever said about the car when i 1st test drove, was not the power, or the shiftin, or how it feels, or if i liked the interior color...but when i said to my dad 'hey this thing doesnt have oil pressure. 'really?' 'yeah, idiot light...and no voltmeter either'. 2 gauges i like having, and have always had, and hated that this didnt come w/them. so now finally i've broke down and got them. volts to monitor battery/chargin system. and oil pressure b/c i dont wanna rely on an idiot light that just tells me my engine is dead (4psi=your f'd). if 1 of those 2 can alert me to somethin wrong while in the burnout box...then abortin the run and avoidin somethin bad is worth it. same too out on the road.

-Ult

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Well, that makes sense.

I see people with those 2 (or similar) gauges and just figure they wanted a gauge pod and needed to fill it with something. But since yours have proper usage -

·
Registered
508 Posts

good placement on the gauges my friend i like. ill need to get one when the supercharger comes out for the pzev do you guys and girls think you could adapt a svt jsc for a svt to a 2003 zx5 pzev

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

good placement on the gauges my friend i like. ill need to get one when the supercharger comes out for the pzev do you guys and girls think you could adapt a svt jsc for a svt to a 2003 zx5 pzev
the pezv is a completly diff engine. so no dice

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

but when i said ...'hey this thing doesnt have oil pressure.' -Ult
you know, i said that too..

guages look good

·
Registered
659 Posts

hey ult you got any pics of how you did the sending unit on the oil pressure.

Cory

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: More boredom....(gauges phase 2) UPDATE!

We have light!!! thats workin and i have the car wired up, just gotta run power wires for gauges (grounds are done) and the sender wire thru firewall and connect.

it'll get done sometime lol

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
their done....even wrong length pipes, numerous attempts and then a 60mi flash up to mcnews w/a slight leak from a bad sender couldnt stop me. now its done. yeash.

final pix comin 2nite

-Ult

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Re: More boredom....(gauges phase 2) UPDATE!

here is a shot of my stewart warner guages. i got the led light option and i can see them fine. might be the red lighting drowning out the needles though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts