Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These SVTF Conti\'s lose air!!!

After reading posts about our original tires coming apart, I decided to inspect mine. Imagine my surprise when all 4 tires were 4 to 5 pounds low in less than a month. Guess I'll check them more often, like weekly!! My CL Type S and Ram both do much better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: These SVTF Conti\'s lose air!!!

I noticed the same problem.. I Fill my tires up twice a week. The first time I noticed, my front two were below 20psi and that was only 3 days after buying the car. Conti tires for road and mountain bike are top noch!! For Conti tires on a car
Piss Poor!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

SVTJoe.........saw the photos on the link. Were those high miles?? Better inspect mine upon rotation! Better yet, replace them.

·
Registered
340 Posts

hmm.. the tires are one of the few things i haven't had a problem with. mine keep air just fine, show excellent tread wear, and still grip like nobodys business. 11mo and 25k miles later nonetheless.

·
Registered
142 Posts

<font color="blue">I had about 17,000 miles on those tires when I noticed the crackes. The front drivers side was the worst and actually leaking air. I thought I just had a nail in the tire. Ford did not work with me at all with the tires and I didn't get anything back from SVT either. I ended up just paying $600 for new tires. It was a pretty big let down for me. From paying about 5k more than most for the car and still having the same problems everyone else has had with the SVT, I feel I got the short end of the stick.
</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts