Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure most people won't get too excited over these, but I'm posting them anyway. Hopefully it won't look so "plain vanilla' for too long. My priorities will be in the handling and speed areas first, then I'll address the looks.

If you click on the picture it gets a little bigger

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
641 Posts
PZEV or SVTF always makes me jealous
Good choice ! Did you compare it with SVTF ? I'm sure you did but I'm so curious which one is actually better.

=dRe=

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah - for all the details on the car you can click here.

The cliff notes version is:

2003 ZX3 Premium PZEV 5spd

Since I'm sure people will ask me: It's not necessairily better than the SVT, but I find it to be a better starting platform for what my intentions are. Very little compromise and fewer worries of the "issues" affecting many SVT owners. Also, this was about $13,300 after tax and license, so an excellent bargain as well. There are still a few things I prefer about the SVT of course, but I'm not all that disappointed by not getting one. Had the PZEV not been available, I'd more than likely have an SVT instead.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
641 Posts
Kinda off topic but how much did they offer for SVTF when you bought this ?

=dRe=

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try to snag a good gauge cluster shot for you tomorrow roseville.

aha - when I went to run the numbers on this, I had already decided that I didn't want an SVT any longer. Factoring the deal that I got compared to the price I paid for this car though, the SVT would have probably been about $4000 more out the door, if not more. I can do a lot of things with the difference it will just take me a little time to get it all done.

>8^)
ER

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
*takes a deep breath*

ahh, that new car smell.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Awe.... looks just like mine, except in the wrong color.

hehe. Its beautiful P25. As you may already know, you are going to have a lot of fun with it.

And not to steal any of his thunder, but if you can't wait to see the gauges, here is a pic I took: http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/271000-271999/271969_19_full.jpg I'm sure he can take a far better picture.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Do I see bilstein pss9's in your future?

Looks good p25.

·
Registered
688 Posts
excelent starting off point
. You just have to wait till the aftermarket (for the engine) catches up, but from the looks of things in the pzev forum they are doing pretty good.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, where is that guy that usually posts,"Um, yeah okay, a stock Focus."?

Congratulations.
Actually, it's not stock anymore - I removed the stupid shift light.

>8^)
ER

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do I see bilstein pss9's in your future?
Actually, Omni wants me to get the H&R PCS coilovers - likely so that he can drive my car and decide if he wants to ante up the extra cash as well.

I'm undecided on the final suspension choice at this point but there seem to be quite a few H&R supporters around here.

>8^)
ER

1 - 20 of 42 Posts