Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that the #1 cylinder is the one nearest the cam gears. (good to know) I learned that with a thousand bucks and two hours labor, it's possible to take a focus from the 17's to the 15's. I learned that there are way too many freakin bolts holding in our catalytic convertors. I learned that a $20 cam installation kit is nothing more than a stick and a short piece of angle iron. I learned that just because you have a group of people with fast cars, none of them necessarily know how to tune them. I learned that the distance between complete embicile and "expert" is not as far as we're lead to believe. I learned that you can install your cams at tdc on cyl #4 and the car will indeed run, even to 100 mph. just not very well. <bangs head on desk> Thanks to all that gave advice and helped out. Car's runnin like a scalded dog! Can't wait to get her out on the track and see what she'll do. I know it's aggrivating sometimes to answer the same simple questions over and over, but it really does help, some pretty basic info is difficult to find in a search, and nobody wants to ask in here for fear of ridicule. So thanks to those with the patience to at least answer stupid questions before making fun of the guy. haha. later doods, get some cams! They're more than worth the money.

g

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sounds like some good lessons learned the hard way.

I do think that the cam install tools are a worthwhile purchase. The bar is exactly the size it needs to be and the peg is threaded so it goes in exactly straight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts