Ford Focus Forum banner

Third gear syncro???????

700 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  KonaZXIII 
#1 ·
How do I know if my third gear syncro is messed up? Lately whae I have been under hard excelleration(sp), and I speed shift it doesnt always want to go into third? It never pops out of gear, It just wont go in the smoothest.

#5 ·
My third gear syncro is out also. Ford doesnt have enough balls to fix their screw up. It seams everyone has a third gear syncro out. I just got my diffrential in and when I had the tranny out I saw my syncros and they all looked fine. I am damn sure that my 3rd gear syncro is not out yet still I get a grinding going into 3rd gear unless I rev match. any ideas?

#7 ·
My car is under warranty, so I am not worried to much about that, it doesnt grind when I shift into third yet, I think I will have ford take a look at it.

#8 ·
samething will happen to u that happened to me. My dad drove the focus for a year and a half before i picked up payments. When i got it in may it was at 38k warrenty gone. Well that 3rd gear syncro problem started when i hit 40k i always thought it would go away well i just hot 45 and yup it's still there. IT only makes that grind sound when i shoft and higher then 5500rpms and even then if i just hold the cluctch i nfor like a half a second longer it doesn't do it. But when ur at the track u dont' wait that extra time =\

#10 ·
[/QUOTE]

HA! If you think that matters... well allright. Ford is NOTORIOUS for saying "its due to aggressive driving... we won't warranty it"

[/QUOTE]

I am not worried, first they have to prove it, and second my family has delt with the same ford dealership for over 25 years, they always take care of us. Just last weak I pet some indiglo guages in and now my guages are acting up and sticking, I took it in they they fixed under warranty no questions asked.

#11 ·
ford is notorious for not backing up their warranty, sure there are some freaks of nature out there where they actually stand behind their product but regardless of how someone drives there should be a warranty... i would never sell anything that i wasnt sure was going to be able to go through hell and back... especially if it was going to be mass produced throughout the world... oh well... some of us think differently...

#13 ·
"A raped and strangled woman is morally superior
to a woman holding a smoking gun with a dead rapist at her feet."

WTF IS THIS!?!? that is the worst thing I have ever read. KonaZXIII you can't be serious.
Sarcasm is hard to pick up on the inderweb.

It's meant to make you think.
I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment, and that quote was taken from a gun owner freindly web site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.