Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not bashin on modern performance, so please don't think that... but take a look at this link: http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/srt4_index.shtml

that is all the available performance parts for the srt-4. how long has it been out? how long did it take for the focus to get parts? QUALITY parts, at that?!?!?!!??!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wow, theres tons of parts for that thing already!

Just remember though, Modern is just a retailer - not a performance parts manufacturer. They just buy the stuff & sell it for more

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MrJingles:
SVT Focus = teh gay
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If ever a rolleyes was ever needed....
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Omni.. I was about to get ready to throw down

·
Banned
147 Posts
Come on. You mean to tell me you guys STILL think the SVT is the 'end-all'?

Not even close. Slow, slow, slow. And yes even on a track. I was a little disappointed.

You were about to throw down? I hope you were jesting. You'd have quite a bit of trouble on your hands.

Not to mention, you live in CA. We're not even close to be able to throw down.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't see anything special on that parts line up. Most of it is generic as David Anderson said and there's a few universal parts... I won't knock any other car as i'm pretty neutral as cars go, the SRT-4 despite being an ugly and super dangerous car will make a serious impact on the mod market eventually. I think Honda, Nissan, Ford and VW etc, etc are going to have to step up to par to keep up with this car. i just hope not too many kids get their hands on this car

·
Registered
82 Posts
Contact Modern if you want, the only SRT-4 specific part they have developed so far is a shift knob. Also, for your information...Modern has always been pretty heavily in to the Neon scene. I swear, everybody is so up in arms about the SRT-4. Nobody even gave the Civic SI this much attention when it came out and it is more close of a competitor than the SRT-4

[ 04-30-2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: TeenWlf28 ]

·
Registered
561 Posts
A lot of those parts a just interchagable with the regular neon, or they are genaric parts. I don't see anyting that is only for the SRT-4.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Modern IS very heavy into neons, which have been out several more years then the Focus. What's all the fuss about?

As an aftermarket company you go where the market is, the Focus market is not as mature yet. It takes big money to develop new parts and it takes time to establish that a car is going to be around for a while to justify that investment.

The Focus platform is doing fine.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by David Anderson:
ALOT of those are generic....coil, wires, boost controller, cam gears, nitrous kit, the suspention, fenders, bulbs, seats.....they work for all neons or most, or ALOT works for most cars. Go through MP webpage, and look at what I mean.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ezactly, most of that will fit other neons,Also they are selling mufflers..but the SRT-4 doesnt have mufflers.

SO they messed that up.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by MrJingles:
Come on. You mean to tell me you guys STILL think the SVT is the 'end-all'?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, but I'm a firm believer that no car is the 'end-all'. That's the beauty of having multiple cool cars on the market... choice. Sure, I myself was mildly disappointed with a couple things on the SVT, but overall I'm still in love with the SVT and the Focus in general.

But... There are shades of grey... The SVT Focus may not be the 'end-all', but it isn't 'teh ghey' either!

·
Registered
461 Posts
SVT Focus is like the RSX Type S of RSX's, the Celica GT-S's of Celicas, the Matrix XRS's of Matrices, the Si of Civics, etc.

It just is a poor competitor if you consider just how awful Ford's depreciation is.

Andrew

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
What does depreciation have to do with the qualities of the vehicle?

It seems to be a modern trend of people in this country to buy a car, pay about 1/2 or less... and trade it in... Then getting mad if they find themselves upside down.

Instead, people should be responsible, make an educated decision, and keep the car for the long haul. I bet I'm one of the few people out there that isn't upside down on my Focus.

[ 05-01-2003, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Depreciation is one of the biggest qualities of a car.

If Honda didn't have the least depreciation, it wouldn't sell like it does. They use that to their advantage.

If you plan on getting a car and keeping it for a few years, lease the damned thing. I keep every car I buy till it blows up or smashed into a few piles of scrap.

Andrew

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I disagree, but that's okay. I just get tired of people complaining about the Focus depreciation. It isn't a big deal to me. I will again assert that depreciation has very little to do with handling, acceleration, interior, build quality and overall feel.

Edited for usefulness.

[ 05-01-2003, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
I disagree, but that's okay. I just get tired of all these young kids in debt whining about the Focus depreciation. It isn't a big deal. I will again assert that depreciation has nothing to do with handling, acceleration, interior, build quality and overall feel. Maybe to an IJAC, but an enthusiast won't be as concerned with that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nice reply!
Let me add in my $.02.

Depreciation is a big factor. It is a big deal. The Focus' depreciation factor sucks and that's a fact. Hell most Fords...well domestics in general have sucky depreciation.

Depreciation is a big factor when owning a car. It may not be for you, but it is for many. Sadly lots of people who own a Focus here on this board are stuck and are upside down on their loan due to ****ty resale value. I'm one of them.

If you plan on keeping the car for a long time or just keeping it until the car kicks the bucket, then you can throw resale value out the window.

But there are better cars out in the market right now and I'm sure lots of Focus owners and owners of other cars in general would want the better cars. For some, in order to get the better cars, they want to get rid of their car (i.e. the Focus). And that's where the topic of depreciation kicks in.

People want a good price for the car that they are trading in or selling to someone else. It just so happens the resale value of the Focus sucks and that's why people - not just "kids" - whine about ****ty resale value.

Again, depreciation is a not a factor when it comes to modding cars or seeing/feeling how they perform, but it is a factor when it comes to ownership of the car.

But if you (OmniFocus) is "tired of all these young kids in debt whining about the Focus depreciation", then that is your problem. Because the fact stands - the Focus has ****ty resale value.

[ 05-01-2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Well.. The Focus DOES have ****ty resale value... That goes without a doubt.. and you are absolutely correct, I DO have to just deal with what they say. Good call.

Bottom line is that I find it weird that price and value is thrown in when discussing vehicle performance... like g-forces and horsepower. When I'm BSing with people at races/autocrosses/anywhere about cars, somehow the subject of resale value never comes up. This is what I'm getting at. This thread sort of randomly went from performance to resale value. I can accept that maybe those two go hand-in-hand for some people, but I definitely find it weird.

I'll accept that as a way of thinking.
I apologize, I didn't realize it was such a big deal.

[ 05-01-2003, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'm with you Omni!
I NEVER Buy a car based on "Resale Value".
If I planned on Re-Selling it, I sure as Heck wouldn't be buying it in the first place!!!!
If I planned on getting something else w/in a couple of years, I'd buy a $1-2000 used car and call it a day.
WHY buy a NEW car if you intend to get rid of it?
If you can afford to do that, stop bitching about the loss and how the "Luxury" of regular bi-yearly trade-ins costs a little more than would be convenient.
There are PLENTY of cars out there which I'd love to own, but none for which I'd trade in my Focus. The only way I'll ever own one of them is if I can someday afford to go Finance one w/o a Trade-in.
IMO, a person can either afford to play that game, or just deal with it and buy what they REALLY WANT in the First Place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts