Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay…. It’s the week of the Focaljet Track Attack sponsored by F2/Gillis Motorsports and put on by NASA.

I see that everyone who said they would sign up has… We have a couple more beginners who will be running in HPDE 1 will also sign up this week.

The Schedule should be out in a couple of days, and the numbers you have signed up for you should be able to use… But please check the SoCal reserved number to make sure you didn’t pick one of those. http://nasa-tt.com/Socal_Profiles

It should be a great shoot-out between FocusSport, F2/Gillis and Marcy Motorsports, it sounds like the all have great cars and great drivers. Also we have independent teams like Chris Stout, Shawn Meze and etc running as well…. Plus a lot of fans coming out for the weekend, which should have some great weather.

Also, not only will everyone be running for NASA TT Medals, we’ll also have FJ Track Attack medals as well. There’s also going to be several aftermarket companies there along with some special Spec Focus Announcements.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slidemaster said:
Stout should do real well! I rejoined NASA today! Cant wait for some open track fun. Dont know if we will be the fastest, but we will be fast and clean.
It's all about having fun anyways. We are kind of running an event inside a event. Only one Focus is running for the Championship anyways.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I will really miss being out there but with being gone for 2 weekends in a row and a family event looming this weekend I will miss playing . Also today found out that a good friend pass away from cancer and my wife and I are getting on plane to Vancouver BC for the service on Wed, so even if the family thing was'nt this weekend I could not have gotten the car ready.

So be safe and you all go to your corners and come out fighting.

Scottish.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scottishsvt said:
I will really miss being out there but with being gone for 2 weekends in a row and a family event looming this weekend I will miss playing . Also today found out that a good friend pass away from cancer and my wife and I are getting on plane to Vancouver BC for the service on Wed, so even if the family thing was'nt this weekend I could not have gotten the car ready.

So be safe and you all go to your corners and come out fighting.

Scottish.

Sorry to hear that Scotty. There's always time to play later. I hope everything is okay.

Take Care of your family stuff first.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i was just planning on going to watch this weekend, but today work said they'd pay for me...so i'm in with my Mazda. figured since F2/Gillis worked on it i should be out there!

is anything more happening Sat vs. Sun or anything? i can only run one day, so wanna be there for the better day. i'll be there with friends on Sat already, gonna be alone on Sunday. i'm just gonna run HPDE 3 as i haven't run NASA before (signed up tonight) and i've only run big track once....not even in my car.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Brian,

you should drive on Sunday as on Saturday we can give ride alongs and get used to seeing the track. Also Sunday will be or more laid back day, I hope at least.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i might do that since i'll also have friends there on Sat to talk with on the down time, who won't be there on Sunday. I was able to drive the track at one of Lederman's Porsche events in the mini last year....just never in my car. i think i might look into a hotel to make it easier on me in that case though.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Severns Racing and F2/Gillis Motorsports will not have a garage this weekend. We will be paddock next to the first single garage when you first enter the track. The red area is where most of the TT guys paddock mainly because of the short walk for all the download sessions

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
slidemaster said:
So the "A" area is where the guy with the RT4 was correct?

No, :"A" is where the Willow Springs Office is... Greg normally parks in the garage which is the small box ahead of "A"

Basically the same place you saw us last time Allen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts