Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you find that you needed a new gasket between the TB and the Intake manifold?

I checked with Parts at the Dealer and was given part # 9e936 ($4.10). I checked with AutoZone and they don’t carry one…

I normally replace gaskets, but I have started to find rubber “O” rings on parts that used to have paper gaskets. I just don’t know if this gasket needs to be replaced or not?

·
Registered
729 Posts
iv had no problem with that lil bugger after i did mine,,,,just dont tear it,,,,,and happy porting, u wont regret it

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: Those of you that have ported the TB…

No, just remember to torque the screws to 17 inch/pounds, I think.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I worked a little on this project, but did not have time to complete it. On this session I built a form out of masking tape and used a syringe to inject the epoxy. The syringe worked great, I had total control over the flow and would recommend this approach. (You will need something to load the syringe with.) I cut the tip off and used a clear hose to make the hole of the syringe bigger and the reach longer.

The form made out of tape… not so good. It worked in the thinner areas and left the surface smooth, but the thicker areas heated up too much and melted the glue off of the tape and left the surface sticky.

I also noticed that the 5 min epoxy got real hot. This caused bubbles to form. As I sanded it down in to shape, small pockets were reveled. Has anyone gone back and filled these pits with more epoxy? I would recommend using the form with a longer setting time epoxy. It might not get as hot (in an effort to avoid the bubbles).

I would also look for black epoxy.

Next step, grinding.

·
Registered
729 Posts

never thought about the siringe idea,,,,nice thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts