Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i was going down the highway at 70 or so today i notices that the piece that flips up when the roof is the whole way open makes an aweful lot of noise. So i took it out and found that it is remarkably quiet at highway speeds! I don't know why they put something in there that makes noise, but i guess i will find out if i leave it out

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Just guessing, but I'm betting you'll get water-leakage...

On second thought, who knows...??
It MAY just be to Buffet air away from rear-seat passengers a little bit. I dunno...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think that it is there to get rid of subsonic frequencies. If you push it down, in my car at least, there is alot of low freq inside the cabin. enough to make my subwoofers bounce like crazy and my hatch cover to resonate. Eventually my ears 'pop' like I'm waaay up in altitude. That is just my exp.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hocus Focus 2001 said:
as i was going down the highway at 70 or so today i notices that the piece that flips up when the roof is the whole way open makes an aweful lot of noise. So i took it out and found that it is remarkably quiet at highway speeds! I don't know why they put something in there that makes noise, but i guess i will find out if i leave it out
Hey I noticed this too on my 2002 SVT
did it leak after you took it out?
I noticed that it looked as though mine had a peice of plastic tab that should catch
under body in the front with sunroof in open position
It was broken off I think allowing it to raise to high and catch wing making a lot of noise.
Just wondering if yours had this on the front of the piece you took out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts