Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I step on the gas pedal, it feels like its stuck or its hanging up on something. I went the other day to black diamond racing, the ones who built the FC tb, and did an exchange on a rebuilt one. They said the old style tb's idle screw would dig into the plate and cause it to hang up. The new one is doing the same thing. I wonder if its the gas pedal wire needs to be lubed? Does any one have the same problem?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mine does it sometimes. It's the TB and probably not the cable. Try pulling the throttle cable off and operate the TB by hand. You should still feel it sticking. The screw really isn't an idle screw-it basically just keeps the butterfly from hitting the walls of the TB and keeps it just barely open. Take a look inside the TB bore and look for any signs of metal to metal wear where the butterfly might be hitting the walls. This is not an unusual problem with aftermarket Focus TB's.

·
Registered
970 Posts
alos look at your cruise control cable, it could be hitting somewhere, mine did the same type of thing you describe and i took the cable off and it works fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts