Ford Focus Forum banner

Throttle Bodies,okay,,,,, there's the Focus Central one,,, and...???

495 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Jared 
#1 ·
Throttle Bodies,okay,,,,, there\'s the Focus Central one,,, and...???

I want to get a TB soon and I know that the Focus Central one is the most popular by far. I also know a lot of people complain about them too. Is there any alternative brand of Throttle Bodys that are condersidered to be good? What about the Jackson Racing one? I can't even find the Jackson racing one listed for sale anywheres, I see it at there web-site and that's it...
A Focussport TB??? My car will probably be an antique before Focussport releases theirs
Your input please...

[ 01-10-2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Folk-S ]

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Throttle Bodies,okay,,,,, there\'s the Focus Central one,,, and...???

MAC just came out with one it's supposed to cost $159.99 65mm

#7 ·

Yo, CWC, where did you see the MAC info??? Thats a good price...

#8 ·

The MAC TB is in their 2003 catalog. I sould have a complete listing of current and upcoming release Focus parts from MAC soon...it's in the mail. So far, we've seen the shorty intake for $129-139, shorty header for around $240, UDP for $75, and now the TB for $160. There's even white gauge overlay for $70.
MAC's prices are agreeable, now does anyone have any experience with their products/service? HRW

#9 ·

Focus sport needs to jump on the wagon. NOW!

#10 ·

yeah i saw it in their 2003 catolog also. the tuner shop i used to work at just got their catolog and they called me to let me know it was in there. looks like they are using cast pieces and then maching them down on the inside. i'll try to get a scan of it tommorow if i have time.

[ 01-10-2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: CWCZX3 ]

#11 ·

Originally posted by Pimp27:
Actually Sport Compact car said the BBK one didn't do anything.

Eric
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it didn't improve hp much but it helped throttle response immensely. No tb will give great gains unless you have mods and not just I/H/E . most gain i would presume would be with forced induction enhanced vehicles.

#14 ·

i'd go with the FC. mine stuck the first day for a few seconds, but then it was fine, and i love it. for the longest time it was FC and BBK for TB choices, and nooooobody bought the BBK. well maybe like 5% of people who bought a TB.

i say that not taking into account the whole Thameth fiasco yet, i'm not sure where i stand on that, but the FC TB is a very good product, IMHO. plus the new MAC one kinda looks really cheap compared to the FC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.