Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a crappy OBX short ram that I got off of ebay that was doin its job but not good enough. I ordered a FC TB from Naz, and a CAI from ebay. I broke the TPS while I was doin the TB, but its just a small problem!
But, oh man. The throttle response is instantaneous and my car revs so freely now! Before it was easy to shift at about 6k, but now I want to rev to like 8k. The best part is as soon as I hit 6k, this weird, but cool, sound comes from the intake. I can't describe it, but the best way is a rattling hissing noise. ITS AWESOME!! Does anyone know what I'm talkin about? I would say the best mod for my money has been the TB, but I wouldn't suggest to anyone buying a short ram, spend aliitle more and go with the cold air.

Soon I am gonna port my intake manifold, and hopefully I will be in the high 15's.

[ 03-19-2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: focus_on_speed ]

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That chainsaw sound, is Ztec engaging
Go beat up on some Civic Si's

IBnewbieasksaboutztec: there is no such thing as Ztec

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, not actual rattling. It is the chainsaw noise. But yea I did find ZETEC. It really does sound like VTEC though, its cool. I am pretty sure it is the intake and exhaust valves overlapping so I am getting the exhaust noise out of my intake, but with no muffler or anything. SCC got pulled over in their celica for it being so loud because of this. Whatever it is it sounds awesome!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rattling? Ummm... I don't think your car is supposed to rattle dude.. especially the engine... maybe I'm wrong.. I certainly hope I am in this case.. I would double check to make sure everything is tight.. But props on the new mods, glad you enjoy them.. don't have too much fun, thats just dirty and wrong

·
Registered
452 Posts
me and my friends describe the sound as a chainsaw going off

<edit>no i dont think he literally means something rattling, its the sound it makes when the air comes in at such a high speed, you can here it on all the rice cars all the time, its just our cars get really loud at 6k

[ 03-19-2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: FOCAL X ]

·
Registered
452 Posts
no no no no no no, you do not engage, hit, climb to, find, or make zetec, there is no such thing so to speak, do a search, it has something to do with gas economy, like i said the "chainsaw" sound is just air passing through the filter at a high rate of speed

·
Registered
733 Posts
My car does change tone in higher RPMS Especially under load... Pretty aggressive sounding from opinion...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
damn, i thought for a minute my user name was MrChainsaw, so i was gunna say, whya re you tlaking about me, but thats my AIM ID, oh well. SOunds like something i wouldnt mind doing, shifting at 8k that is, muhahaha

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just went through my third intake attempt, and this last one i put in gives me the chainsaw at 6K. i agree...it sounds pretty dope

·
Registered
139 Posts
Originally posted by FOCAL X:
no no no no no no, you do not engage, hit, climb to, find, or make zetec, there is no such thing so to speak...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i'm pretty sure the little devil horns next to "zetec engaging" indicated that he was being funny. there's a really funny thread going on in here somewhere about adding 15+ whp with ghetto mods. it took me until the 4th post to realize it was a big joke.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Originally posted by Carizme:
That chainsaw sound, is Ztec engaging
Go beat up on some Civic Si's

IBnewbieasksaboutztec: there is no such thing as Ztec
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no i took this as a joke, i was refering to the post under it

·
Registered
222 Posts
The chain saw sound is caused by the engine running lean. Probably not the best to be doing on a day to day basis but I agree it does sound pretty sweet!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by focus_on_speed:
I had a crappy OBX short ram that I got off of ebay that was doin its job but not good enough. I ordered a FC TB from Naz, and a CAI from ebay. I broke the TPS while I was doin the TB, but its just a small problem!
But, oh man. The throttle response is instantaneous and my car revs so freely now! Before it was easy to shift at about 6k, but now I want to rev to like 8k. The best part is as soon as I hit 6k, this weird, but cool, sound comes from the intake. I can't describe it, but the best way is a rattling hissing noise. ITS AWESOME!! Does anyone know what I'm talkin about? I would say the best mod for my money has been the TB, but I wouldn't suggest to anyone buying a short ram, spend aliitle more and go with the cold air.

Soon I am gonna port my intake manifold, and hopefully I will be in the high 15's.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">now your biggest bottleneck is the MAF. get the 70mm and your intake side is done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts